We're All In This Together! Right? (Honkai Impact 3rd x Reader) -Concept-

Yeah, that was quick. Listen. I regret nothing.

I've been a long-time fan of Honkai Impact. I've made a Genshin concept, so it was only a matter of time before I made an Honkai Impact 3rd concept. The Captainverse kinda had us covered with an amazing self-insert, though. With so many amazing stories already on the site, I've been more content to continue with what I'm already writing. Until now! With the launch of Honkai Impact 3rd part 2, I've finally had enough inspiration to throw my hat into the ring.

To be honest with you guys, the female absolutely Dream Seeker is stunning. One of, if not, the best insert protagonist design I've ever seen. All the designs they've shown so far are great, but that's simply business as usual for Mihoyo. Nothing new there. They own the kitchen better than anyone else. 

The story is also looking promising. With a clean slate, Miyhoyo is doing its best to carry the momentum from the previous part. Time will tell how well they accomplish that.

-Idea-

So, here's my idea. Dream Seeker... We'll need to work on a new name for her. An actual name. I'm fairly experienced with creating names with meaning, so maybe I'll whip something up real quick. Anyhow, Dream Seeker and Y/N are friends. They're both studying at the same school and have known each other for a while. 

But what is Y/N like? I'm glad you asked. Y/N is obsessed with creatures from different worlds. Besides the numerous books of different species he owns, he's also making his definitive version. Y/N's ultimate goal is the preservation of all species. The best way to do this is by ensuring everyone has the knowledge to deal with them. 

His parents are rich and successful since his father founded a major technological company. His mother works as a lead researcher in their renewable energy department. Thanks to his parents' resources, Y/N has everything he needs to succeed at his disposal. The most important of which is a marvelous device.

 It took a large team of highly trained inventors years to fully realize Y/N's idea. Even then, they resorted to seeking help from another world. In this alternate world, they discovered the MOTH that sparked the flame of ideas. The result is something far beyond their understanding.

Due to its tremendous destructive potential, only one device was made. Not that they could replicate the process to make another. It seems that while they were making the gadget, they were all in a dream-like state. None of the researchers can recall their time working on the device. They all agree it's for the best.

But what is this device? It's a weapon capable of containing any creature. It can change form depending on the user's desires. For the most part, it takes the form of a small unassuming blaster.

Once captured, the user has free reign over the containment. If he so wishes, he could keep the creature for as long as he wants. He could also destroy the containment, killing the creature with it. 

Enough about his weapon. What about his journey with Dream Seeker? First of all, what is Y/N's relationship with the Dream Seeker?

For now, they're friends. Y/N does harbor deeper feelings for the Dream Seeker. Not wanting to jump the gun, he's letting things progress naturally. He knows there will be a day when he'll confess. Just not today.

What does the Dream Seeker think of Y/N? She admires how dedicated he is to his studies. She wishes she had the same work ethic. 

The two often hang out during and after class. Going to cat cafes, shopping around the mall, or even trying out the newest trends together. The two greatly enjoy each other's company.

That is until they're both on a journey to save their world by an unknown god. 

So? How is it? Good enough to stand its ground? Full story-worthy? I really do look to you guys for feedback. Your thoughts are valuable to me. Anyhow, that's all for now. Until next time, Reader-san. -Kishimino-sensei.