7

Today is the first race day of the season and anticipation is in the air for all F1 drivers and fans. As it is the start of a new season anything can happen. Sophie and Lando are already at the track for the day as Sophie is busy conducting interviews all of the top 10 drivers in order of where they qualified from the bottom to the top. Sophie is currently interviewing Carlos when she spots Lando making his way over to her. Sophie looked and gave him a smile before returning her focus to her interview with the Ferrari driver. Sophie had spent most of the night wide awake replaying that moment with Lando over and over in her head so she was extremely nervous to interview him today in case there was any awkward energy between the, as she didn't want the press to pick up on another reason to post about them.

Qualifying Table (not true to actual results)
Max Verstappen - P1
Sergio Perez - P2
Fernando Alonso - P3
Lando Norris - P4
Carols Sainz - P5
Lewis Hamilton - P6
Lance Stroll - P7
George Russell - p8
Valterri Bottas - P9
Pierre Gasly - P10

The time was here her interview with Lando Norris.

The interview
Sophie: Hi Lando.
Lando: Hi Sophie.
(The tension between the pair was had to ignore.)
Sophie: So you are starting todays race from P4. How do you think todays race is going to go for you and McLaren.
Lando: Well I tried my hardest yesterday to get a podium so that's the plan for today as well. And for the team our goal is just to score as many points as we can at the start of the season.
(Lando was obviously eluding to the fact he wanted to get a podium so he could talk more to Sophie.)
Sophie: And how likely do you think it is that you will get a podium today?
Lando: I think it's highly likely. I've got some very strong drivers around me today on the grid but I'm optimistic that the team and I can push forward to make it onto the podium today.
Sophie: That's good to hear. I wish you all the luck today.
Lando: Thank you.

The interview came to an end and Sophie let out a sigh of relief as the cameras turned away from Lando and her. "How was that? Our first of many interviews in F1." Lando asked Sophie. "It was good well done." Sophie replied. There was a underlying tension between the both of them. No one wanting to bring up last nights conversation but both finding it extremely hard to ignore. "Well, good luck in your race today." Sophie spoke in a quick manner as if to get this conversation over and done with. Lando thanked the brunette and walked to the McLaren garage while Sophie continued with the rest of her interviews before the race started.

IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY THEY GO!

Race Results
Max Verstappen - P1
Lando Norris - P2
Sergio Perez - P3
Carlos Sainz - P4
Lewis Hamilton -  P5
George Russell - P6
Pierre Gasly - P7
Lance Stroll - P8
Valterri Bottas - P9
Oscar Piastri - P10