9

Lando's POV

Sophie entered the lobby through the lift and immediately all eyes were on her. She was wearing an incredibly flattering black dress with red lipstick on. I couldn't take my eyes off of her until Daniel Ricardo playfully hit my shoulder noticing I was in a complete daze of admiration. Sophie joined the group of us and off we headed to the club Max had hired out for the night. In the car I turned to Sophie and told her "Hey, you look stunning tonight." As she replied "You don't look to bad yourself." I just laughed and looked at my feet before joining in the conversation with the other drivers. There was definitely some sort of tension between Sophie and I and I honestly couldn't wait to explore it as I'm sure she feels the same way.

We arrived at the club and it was already packed with music blaring out of the speakers. Sophie and I made our way to the bar and ordered our first of many drinks of the night. As the night went on I offered Sophie to join me on the dance floor to which she declined until I grabbed her hands and pulled her up out of the booth myself. We danced for a few songs jumping up and down excitedly until Sophie's expression completely changed. "Are you okay?" I shouted over the music. "I feel a bit faint" she replied. I immediately grabbed her hand and started weaving my way through the crowd with Sophie closely behind.

We finally reached the back exit of the club where I led Sophie outside to get some air. She immediately wrapped her hands around her arms as if she was cold so of course I took my blazer off and placed it around her shoulders. "You look better in that than I do." I spoke cheekily. She laughed but continued to stare at the ground. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked concerned. "Nothing, I just got too hot and felt faint." She replied not losing eye contact with the floor. "It's some thing else isn't it?" I asked. I didn't want to prod into her personal life but I really care for her I just want her to know I can help.

"Well earlier I was just thinking about when I had to deal with hate from my influencing and the past few days with the rumours about us and everything. It's all just getting a bit overwhelming." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. I could tell that the rumours were really taking a toll on her and I hated that it was partly my fault. I mean I didn't help at all with that flirty interview I gave earlier. " Hey, let's sort this out right now then." I replied trying to suggest a way out of this for Sophie. "How?" She replied. So I got my phone out of my trouser pocket and took a selfie of the two of us. "How is a selfie going to help the rumours Lando?" Sophie replied confused.

Instagram

liked by danielriccardo and 8

liked by danielriccardo and 8.5 million others
landonorris A couple of besties at the after party <3
View all 964,271 comments

Lando's POV
"See, now no one has anything to go off." I looked at Sophie and saw a small smile creep onto her face. "Thank you Lando. I'm really sorry to pull you away from your party." Of course I didn't care about the stupid party, there's gonna be plenty of them throughout this season. All I cared about in this moment was putting a smile on Sophie's face. "You know Sophie, I can't contain this anymore. I really really like you. And I know you don't want any more rumours about us but I really can't contain how I feel about you anymore. Since I first saw you in the paddock to right now I have never stopped thinking about you. And I just want you to know how I feel." The words just came out of my mouth without me even thinking, it was probably the alcohol I had consumed giving me the confidence. "Lando. I feel the same way. I really like you too, I just can't deal with the backlash right now. I don't want our connection to come in between my job." I completely understood, I also needed to focus on racing and the season ahead of me. "Well, we can continue to see where this connection takes us in private." I responded. "I'm down for that. In public we are just friends but in private we can continue to explore whatever this is." She replied as both of our smiles grew almost ear to ear. "Deal." I responded.