18

Lando's POV
As I watched my friends on the Tv I wondered how my day had turned around so fast. They of course commented on my absence but all I could think was Sophie is more important than any podium. Podiums come and go but Sophie is one in a million.

A few minutes later Sophie started to move around in her bed and immediately my eyes drew to her to see her slowly opening hers. "Hey there, little one" I spoke in a gentle tone making sure I didn't startle her. A smile immediately appeared on her face and a wave of relief washed over mine. "You don't need to say anything, just rest okay." I said while reassuring her that there's nothing we need to talk about.

"Lando" Sophie spoke in a quiet and croaky voice, "what are you doing here, you've just finished your race" her face was full of concern which made me laugh. "You're more important than any race interview babe" I spoke back as I saw her face turn to shock. "Wait, where did you finish I only got to watch the first half of the race?" Sophie said interested in what she had missed. "P2" I spoke nonchalantly.

Sophie's eyes immediately shot open as she tried to sit up in the bed to hug me before she was pulled back down by all of the wires. "Woah there little one. You stay laid down for now." I replied while laughing at her reaction. Her face was a mixture of excitement and fury as she realised she missed me gaining a podium. "I wish I could've been there to see that" she spoke as her face was consumed by disappointment. "I'm just glad to be here with you now" I said reassuring her that here is where I'd rather be right now.

Hours had passed by and Sophie had fallen back asleep, exhausted by her terrible day. I remained sat right next to her until a doctor walked in the room. " Hi, so I've got good news Sophie can go back home tonight however she needs a close eye on her at all times to make sure she is resting and doesn't get herself into any stressful situations in the next few weeks. Since your the one that's here right now I'm guessing that will be your job?" That doctor said while looking at me. "Of course, yes. I'll take care of her." I replied almost immediately.

The doctor continued to tell me about all of her different medications and what to do if she falls ill again. I listened intently as if my life depended on it. Once he left I gently shook Sophie's shoulders and let her know the news as a huge smile grew on her face. A few nurses came in to unhook Sophie from all of her monitors and I helped walk her to the car as she was extremely fragile.

Back at the hotel I ran Sophie a bath while she spoke to her friends and family letting them know she's okay as everyone was extremely stressed after seeing the headlines. Sophie got in the bath then got ready for bed as we cuddled together. "Looks like your stuck with me for the next few weeks" Sophie spoke trying to make a joke out of the situation. "There's no one else I'd rather be stuck with." I spoke back before kissing her on the forehead and heading to sleep.