Chapter 4 - Go Ahead Smart One

Ryder

I got home to that damn party. Every time these end with some drunk girl on our couch. Garrett wants every girl he sees. He uses his so-called "charm". I just talk to a girl. Rarely I want to talk with them. The only girl I want is freckles. She's been in my head since high school. Most girls just want to say they went out with me. Freckles doesn't even go here. She works and has Wyatt. My roommates finally ended the party and I passed out in my bed. I woke up at eight and went for a run. I ran two miles and showered in my room. I went to the classes I had and went to lunch. The guys grabbed pizza so we all met up at the mid square. I went to the rest of my classes and got my hockey gear. Cole drove us to the rink. We got our gear on and laced up. Coach came in and told us practice goes until six. We got on the ice and warmed up. Coach gave us drills and taught us more plays. We worked on our skills and got off around six. I grabbed my stuff and showered. I threw clothes on and Cole drove us all back. My phone had a missed call from freckles.

Smart One - Hey Freckles, everything good ?

Freckles - Sorry I called you by accident

Smart One - I bet, mind if I call you

Freckles - Go ahead smart one

"Hey," Freckles said. I told her hi and she asked what I was doing. I told her not much and I asked what she was doing. "I have to research this article and Wyatt is bored," she told me. I asked what Wyatt was doing. "She's in a chair throwing her toys," Freckles said. I asked if she had plans on Friday. "Let me check quick... No, I'm free" Freckles said. I told her I got her and Wyatt tickets for the game on Friday. It starts at 4 so it won't end late. "You really didn't have to but thanks" Freckles said. I told her anytime and Wyatt was yelling. Freckles told she had to go. I hung up and had a frozen thing for dinner. I had nothing to do at all. I wanted to see freckles but she had her daughter. To get Freckles off my mind I went to the rink. I got skates on and did a few drills. I worked on shooting and showered in the locker room. I threw clothes on with a coat. My sister called me. "Oh my god Ryder, you didn't tell me you were going out with Rory" Taylor yelled through the phone. I told her I was and she squealed. "Oh my god, Mom is gonna flip. Is she still hot ?" Taylor said. I told her yes. Yes was an understatement. She was fucking gorgeous and a hot single mom. I didn't tell Tay that part. She'd tell the whole town. Freckles seemed like she wanted Wyatt to be kept a secret. If I see Hunter he'll be getting a couple punches. How stupid does a guy have to be to leave his pregnant girlfriend. Not any girl, my girl. Freckles had to graduate college early. Even though she's smart enough without four years. She literally works a job and watches her daughter. This woman isn't normal. She is a damn goddess sent for me. Doing drills didn't help get Freckles off my head. I still had her in my head. I had to see her but I forgot I was talking to Tay. "Hello, Ry bro are you there" Taylor said and I told her yes. She kept asking questions about Freckles. I told her enough and Tay sighed. She was annoyed but annoying me. "Are you at least coming home this week ?" Tay asked and I told her I'd try. Most of the time Mom and Dad work. Tay gets bored at home and decides to call me. She tells me everything about her. She tries to get the drama from my life but I distract her. I do something when Tay calls. Like work or driving. But all I had in my head was Freckles. "I promise I'll stop by this weekend Tay alright ?" I told her and she told me ok. She hung up and I put my practice bag in the bag. I was starving from the exercise I had. I grabbed a sandwich from this shop near the arena. They give all athletes half off any sub. I got triple meat and salad. The salad wasn't bad for vegetables thrown together. Salad is disgusting but helps the body. Coach makes us all have one healthy type meal per week. He tells us that it keeps us looking good for games. Most of us don't have girls. Garrett browses at every party. In hopes of finding a chick for a few days. He never turns it off even at games. He makes hearts to the girls or kisses into the seats. He always says 'Better to have ten then none." He hates being single. I didn't mind till I saw Freckles. She made me want her from that day. Her eyes literally broke me. They sparkled liked the fucking sun. Her hair shines but she keeps it simple. The scent her hair smelt was so fucking good. It wasn't a weird fruit or flower. Her makeup she used to keep simple. Her face already looked gorgeous. Makeup makes her freckles and blush disappear. She hated her looks. That damn Pierce pissed me off so damn much. He left his daughter and fucking girlfriend of three years. I'd known Freckles my whole damn life. Pierce showed up and three damn years later he left. Wyatt looks just like her mom. Her hair's long and wavy. She was shy the first time I saw her. Just like Freckles was. It'd been two hours and Freckles was still on my mind. I had to see for a second. Just to get her off my head. I drove from the arena to Freckles' apartment. I pressed the call box and Freckles answered. I told her it was me and she let me up. I went to her door and knocked. She opened the door in pajamas and Wyatt on her hip. "Hey, how are you two ?" I asked and she smiled. It made my heart do this weird thing. "Wy isn't sleeping and I'm okay" Freckles said and let me in. She went to the kitchen and gave Wyatt a glass of something. Wyatt walked over to me and poked my leg. "Do you like mama ?" she asked and I told her a lot. Wyatt smiled and ran back to Freckles. She got on her hip and Freckles sat on the couch. Wyatt sat against Freckles and fell asleep. "Why'd you come over here this late ?" Freckles asked. I couldn't tell I had to see her. Wyatt moved on Freckles chest and she moved her. "You wanted to see me didn't you ?" Freckles asked. I told her maybe and her cheeks went red. She got up and carried Wyatt to her crib. She came back and sat down. "Doesn't the RA do dorm checks ?" Freckles asked and I told her yes. Usually we cover for the dudes in our room. Will stays home and does nothing. So he makes up things. Like sleeping or on a call.