Chapter 12 - Nothing will keep me from them

Ryder

Freckles didn't go to sleep until midnight. I made sure she was asleep before I was. Wy slept silent the whole night. I'm never leaving Freckles or Wy. Nothing will keep me from them. If Pierce hurts one of them it's game over for him. He'll have nothing left to his bones. That fucking jerk ruined Freckles life and abandoned his fucking daughter. If he didn't screw up Freckles wouldn't be here next to me. It only worked out good in that way. I should've been Wy's dad, Freckles first kiss, and never let her near that Pierce. He was stuck up in highschool and such an arrogant jackass. This whole town is there for Freckles and Ry. If Pierce hurts them they'll all hurt him. Coach threatened him once a long time ago. But this guy is such an idiot he didn't care. That really fucking pissed me off. At eight I got up to check my phone. Coach told us there's a meeting from noon to three. We have practice one to four today. Coach gives us the Monday off after a win. But we have a three hour practice that weekend. Which I don't mind. We work harder to be done with it for a day. Garrett's been seeing Addie and a few guys are dating. Half the team just goes with random drunk chicks at parties. Thankfully Freckles doesn't party. She never did in highschool either. I mostly laid at home but who didn't. My phone beeped but didn't wake Freckles or Wy. I got up and got ready. Freckles walked out with Wy on her side. "What are you doing out here ?" Freckles asked. I told her I was trying not to wake her up. She smiled and leaned against the wall. I hugged her and she put Wy down. I picked Wy up and she smiled. I threw her up in the air twice. She laughed and Freckles started cooking something. She put cinnamon rolls in the oven. I kissed her and Wy said "Ew." Freckles looked down and smiled at her. Freckles got Wy ready then she got ready. I got the pan out of the oven. Freckles grabbed plates while Wy sat down. I gave them each one before sitting. I told Freckles I had to go at 11:50 and she told me ok. I cleaned up for her while she checked her phone. Wyatt watched something on tv. I sat next to Freckles on the couch. She put her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. Wy got up next to me. She put her head on Freckles' chest and laid on my legs. Wy watched tv but ended up sleeping. I had both my girls clung to me. Somehow I was living my dream without hockey. My whole life has been hockey but right now it's these two. I nodded off sometime and felt Freckles move. She got up and Wy woke up. We all stretched before going to the kitchen. "I can cook something for lunch if you want," Freckles said. I told her we could go out and she smiled. "Thank god I don't have to clean anything" Freckles said. I put shoes on and Freckles picked Wy up. She hooked her in the car and I drove us to Mylee's & More. Freckles got Wy before we went in. We sat in a booth and they brought us our order somewhat quick. Wy looked at her food before touching it. She smelt and Freckles told her it was good. I checked my phone quick for the time. Freckles ate everything she got and Wy had her grilled cheese. I ate everything I got and paid for everything. Freckles cleaned the crumbs off Wyatt before we left. I drove them home and got them inside. Wy told me bye and I told her I'd be back. Freckles kissed me and I pulled her close to me. Once I left, I went to the arena. I grabbed my bag and went inside. First I dropped my bag in the locker room. Coach was in his office with someone. I went up to the conference room. Garrett walked in and I sat next to him. The rest of the team got there fast. Coach walked in with two guys in suits. "Alright men, we've scheduled publicity events to show the staff you're worth their money. In front of you are the events and the requirements for each one" one of the guys said.

Warriors Upcoming Events

Silent Auction-

18 items to bid on

Alumni Ball-

Must bring one guest

Kids Expo-

Bring Your Families

Masquerade Charity Event-

Must Bring one guest

Charity Event Game

These events are boring as hell. I end up bailing before the end of the hour. If Freckles doesn't go with me I'll be bailing. "Alright the silent auction you guys need to decide what you're auctioning off. That event will have past alumni plus the community and board members. You all need to act like men, not like college boys offering hot girls" the other guy in the suit said. He looked at Garrett. "The Alumni ball all you have to do is socialize with alumni and be presentable. For the kids expo, bring any family with you. Skate around and have fun. Sign some jerseys or skate with kids. Basically a fun day for you all. Do not show up drunk to anything. You do you guys get thrown out. For the masquerade charity event you guys gotta disguise yourselves. The alumni will bid trying to guess who is who of the hockey team. Only your teammates will know and if someone tells anyone they will be benched. Your girls can't bet on you and you guys aren't allowed in the contest." The other guy said and Coach looked at us. We all nodded cause this was boring as fuck. "The charity game is easy as it sounds. You guys play against whatever team wins the game before. Every goal scored the local hospital gets the money that the fans bet. You boys need to still play at your best" the guy said. Those two guys left and Coach got his binder. We went over plays and his new plan for us. He finished around two. Since practice isn't until three I went out to my car. I drove to Freckle's apartment and unlocked the door. "Oh my god what are you doing here ?" Freckles said. I told her I had to see her before practice. She hugged me and I wrapped her in my arms. Her hair smelt fucking amazing like it always did. She seemed quiet and she was pale. I asked when she checked her levels. "This morning," she told me. I checked her levels quickly and they were low. She sat down and I gave her the injection. "Thank you... for everything" Freckles said. I kissed her and told her anytime. She curled up in a ball against my chest. I kissed her head and she turned music on. I didn't mind sitting here with her in my arms doing nothing. I realize everyday that hockey isn't everything. Freckles is my everything. She tutored me in high school and gave me another chance. Wyatt deserves to have her mom taken care of. As well as a good dad. Addie is the only one who's been there for her. I should've been there when that dirt bag abused her. I'm here now and I'm never letting her go again. She woke up and looked at me. "You have to go don't you ?" Freckles said. I told her in five minutes. She made that face she always does when I tell her I have to go. We both got up and she hugged me. I kissed her and put shoes on. We kissed and I told her bye. After I got to the arena, I got to the locker room. Coach walked in behind me. "Alright, we need to have a chat Warriors" he said. Everyone shut up and got ready as Coach talked. We had no clue what this was about. It wasn't good because Coach had that tone.