Chapter 13 - Hope Is All We Got

***THIS CHAPTER HAS TRIGGER WARNINGS***

Rory

Wy woke up around three. I got her up and grabbed her bag. I took her to the arena and parked out front. "Hey Lynn, hi Wy" Coach said. Wy ran out to the boys. Coach told me he'd drop Wy off. I thanked him and we hugged. After I left the arena, I went home. I decided to call Addie so I did while opening the door. I wanted to pass out. Hunter was standing there with a knife. I turned off my phone to run but Hunter grabbed my arm. "You aren't getting away this time without pain you fucking bitch. Wusses get the worst" he said. My body was shaking. I was so terrified. He punched me, sending me onto the floor. He kicked my ribs until I pulled his foot. He fell but stomped on my foot. He punched my face before grabbing his knife. "You listen to me you god damn bitch I'll find wherever your fucking daughter is" Hunter yelled. He kicked my head into the wall. His fist I blocked til he hit my arm. He hit me over and over again. My body was numb,I couldn't fight back. I blocked my chest before he hit it. But he kicked my shoulder hard before kicking my stomach. After that everything went black.

Addie

I tried calling Ro five times. She didn't pick up once. I knew something happened. I didn't call her anymore instead I drove over. I unlocked the door and went up. Her door was wide open. She never leaves it unlocked led alone wide open. I knew she was hurt. I ran as fast my ankle could go. Ro was lying on the floor bleeding out. Her face was bruised and her wrist was covered in blood. I called 911 and they sent an ambulance. I had to call my dad. Him and Ryder needed to know. The paramedics checked Ro for a pulse. It was weak but there. They asked me what happened and I had no clue. I rode in the ambulance with them and they took Ro into a room. I called my dad. "Ads I'm at the arena coaching, what's wrong" my dad asked. I barely told him Rory. He asked what was wrong. "She didn't answer my call so I went to her. She was bruised, bloody, beaten, and knocked out. The paramedics took her to a room. Her pulse is weak dad. I can't lose her" I told him. He told me I did the right thing and to calm down. I breathed and he told me he'll be here in ten.

Ryder

Coach got a call. He never answers during practice but he did. He told us practice was over. "Osher, I need to speak for a second," Coach said. I had no clue what this was about. I didn't hit anyone. I was even early today. "Ads called me and she tried calling Lynn. She didn't answer so she went over. Lynn was knocked out on the floor. She's in the ER with a weak pulse, I'll bring Wy over to Jen and Mark's once I see Ads." Coach told me. Wy was walking around the ice but I had to see Freckles. I told Coach I was going and went to the locker room. I threw shoes on and went to my jeep. I drove to the hospital and saw Addie. I asked her how Freckles was. "She's in the OR for multiple surgeries. She had internal bleeding, broken ankle, broken wrist, severe bruises, broken ribs, her forehead needed stitches, her head got glued, she had a black eye plus a concussion." Addie told me. Her eyes were swollen so I rubbed her shoulder. Coach came in with Wy. "Dad, thank god" Addie said. She hugged him and Wy ran over to me. "Ry what wong wid Mama ?" Wy asked. I told her she was hurt but getting better. Wy started crying so I threw her in the air. She laughed and Amy came. She hugged Addie. I nodded and she looked at Wy. "Guess what Wyatt you get to see grandma and grandpa for a few hours" Amy said. Wy told her no, she wanted to see Freckles. "Your mommy's sleeping and is getting healed. Do you want to visit grandma and grandpa then come back here ?" Addie asked Wy. Wy nodded and told me bye. She left with Amy. Coach and Addie stayed. A doctor came out. Addie got up, so the doctor walked over. "Rory's in post op but it may be a few days before she wakes up. Her injuries were bad and she suffered a lot of pain. She woke up during surgery asking for Ryder, Wy, and Addie" The doctor told us. Addie cried and thanked the doctor. "She made it through surgery so I'm going. I'll be back tomorrow" Coach said. Addie hugged him. A nurse came over and told us Freckles could have visitors. I told Addie to go. Coach looked at me. "I know how you feel, Osher. Lynn's like a daughter to me but she's a fighter. If you ever see that asshole who did this, use all your force. Don't hold back at all" Coach told me. I nodded because that's what I planned on doing. I don't care if coach didn't approve, I would hunt Pierce down.

Addie

I've been praying Ro would be alright. She couldn't lose her life this way. I can't lose my best friend. The doctor assured us she should be fine. Dad wanted to go. I don't blame him,he doesn't like waiting around crying people. I wouldn't be here for anyone else outside of family. Ro became family. She's my sister from another mother. We got each other through the downs in our lives. "Rory Lynn is out of post op and visitors are allowed" a nurse told us. Ryder told me to go. My dad sat down with him. I got Ro's room and it was private. "Ro this is all my fault I should've saved you sooner. Everyone came. Your parents, my parents, Wyatt, and Ryder. We got Wy to leave for a few hours. We all really need you back up Ro" I told her. She looked weak like there was nothing in her. I had to take a minute. I got up and went into the hall. Ryder stopped me. He asked what was wrong. "This is all my fault. Her being here hurt. I should've gone to her sooner" I told him. He told me none of this was my fault. I wiped my tears off. He saw Ro and looked at her. I left him alone with Ro. I got us two bottles of water from the vending machine. I gave Ryder one and sat across from him. We had food until Ro's parents came with Wy. "Mama back," Wy said. She ran over to Ro and looked at her. I told Wy her mom was still healing. Wy didn't understand but hugged Ro. "Thank you both for staying here with her. I didn't think she'd be up yet but Wy wanted to see" Jen told us. She talked to Ro and Mark did too. Wy got on my lap to play with my hair. She fell asleep on my chest. I carried her to Jen and Mark's car. I kissed her forehead and told Jen bye. I went back up to Ro. The nurse gave Ryder pillows and blankets. He gave me one so I thanked him. We talked a lot the next few days. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The doctor told us Ro is weak from the pain. If she doesn't fight hard she won't be back. Ryder left once to get clothes. I went home to get clothes and I saw Wy. Wy visited Ro twice everyday. It's been over three days. It's time for Ro to wake up. I went out to get lunch and brought back subs. The hockey team visited multiple times. The boys were softies for Wy. She has that whole team wrapped around her little finger. I got to know Ryder a lot this week. He mostly talked about Ro, hockey, or Wy. He's not one to talk but I see how much he loves Ro. Her first relationship I knew wasn't good. Hunter was even more of a jerk than in high school. But I gave Ryder a chance with my bff. He passed the test. Not once has he left Ro's side. My dad had to send him home to get clothes. Ryder's gonna be Ro's last relationship. The doctor came in and looked at us. "If she doesn't respond to treatment by tonight, she's not going to fight it," the doctor told us. She left and I had to go. I stood against the wall trying not to think of losing my best friend. I texted my mom and told her. She called me and I calmed down. "I'm on my way with Wyatt, we'll be there twenty" Mom said. I told her ok and hung up. I went back in and Ryder was hugging Ro. "Oh my god, Ro you're awake" I couldn't believe she was up !!! I ran over quicker than a puppy. I hugged her, careful not to hurt her.

Ryder

Freckles' eyes fluttered and finally opened. "Ry... is... Wy ... okay ?" Freckles asked. I told her Wy was perfect. I kissed her with everything I had. I didn't want to hurt her. But damn I've gone 3 days without a kiss from her. Addie came in and hugged Freckles. I texted my mom, Freckles fam, and coach. Amy got there with Wy. "Ry is Mama up ?" Wy asked. I told her yes and Wy jumped into Freckle's arms. "I missed you mama" Wy said. Freckles kissed her and looked at Wy. "I missed you too princess," Freckles said. Freckles had bruises everywhere. She got stronger as she woke up more. Friday she was discharged. But she needed rest. That won't be the only thing she gets if I'm there. Don't get me wrong, she'll heal first. Then we'll do our thing. She had a brace on her wrist plus a boot on her foot. Wy was home with Addie. So I got Freckles into my jeep. She squeezed my hand and I looked at her. I'd never seen her tormented or beaten. I never want to see her like this again. I knew that for a fact. We got home and Freckles couldn't get up. I picked her up and she unlocked the doors. I put her down and Wy ran to her. "Mama you're home" Wy said. Freckles told Wy she wasn't leaving anytime soon. Wy hugged Freckles and Addie smiled. "I'm gonna go, I'll check in tomorrow" Addie said. Freckles hugged her and thanked her. Addie hugged me before she left. Wy got up on Freckle's side. Freckles sat down and put her foot up.