Chapter 6 - Your hockey players but need to act like men

Ryder

Coach texted every guy and we had to meet in the conference room. None of us wanted to go. All 23 of us wanted hockey. Once Garrett walked in, Coach started talking. "It's two weeks into the season. As of next week's rule change, you all are required to attend the benefit event. You can bring who you want but it's a gala. So you need suits or tuxes. Not clean shirts or sweatpants. No hats or sneakers. You hockey players need to act like men. Not joking, no fights, and hair combed. If you don't appear there'll be laps for you to skate." Coach said and Garrett raised his hand. "You didn't tell us where, when, and how long" Garrett said and Coach shook his head. "A Friday night starts at six, and you need to be there at least an hour or more." Coach said. We all mumbled a lot of things. Finally we got to leave and went to the ice. Coach wanted us to practice. I didn't mind. I saw Freckles earlier and last night. She still isn't herself yet. That damn Pierce won't be going near here or Y. Coach seems to know Freckles. Addison is Freckles's best friend. One never goes somewhere without the other. Once we got warmed up, Coach gave us new plays. We did those and did skills. I fucking wiped out and that idiot freshman laughed. He was a damn dwarf to me. He's damn lucky Will skated over. I got off the ice and we all showered. I threw clothes on and went to my jeep. It was seven now and I had voicemail from Freckles. "Hey, if you're free later you can come over if you want. Wy hasn't stopped talking about you and I may have missed you" Freckles said. There was only one fucking choice. If I went home I'd call myself an idiot. I pressed the callbox to Freckle's apartment and she let me up. Freckles opened the door and looked at me. Wy ran over and I picked her up. I threw her in the air and she laughed. I put her down and pulled Freckles to my arms. I shut the door and locked it. After last night, I brought a bag with my stuff. "Alright, Wy it's bedtime tell him goodnight" Freckles said and Wy hugged my leg. She was so fucking cute. Wy looked like a twin of Freckles. I picked her up and threw her in the air. She laughed and I gave her to Freckles. She took Wy to her room and I went with them. Freckles put Wy in her crib. She told her a story and Wy fell asleep. Freckles shut the door and kissed me. We walked to the couch and Freckles was on top of me. I kissed her and went down her jaw. I went back to her lips then behind her ear. I moved around her head and smelt her hair. She ran her hands through my hair. Her hands locked behind my neck. I put my hands all over her damn gorgeous body. She moaned and it made me go so fucking hard. We rolled on our sides and she kept her hands behind my neck. I moved my lips all over her but kept them on her lips mostly. "I'm sorry," Freckles said. I asked her about what and she looked at me. "I don't want to go anymore," Freckles whispered. I looked at her and she looked away. "Listen Freckles, I don't give a fuck about sex. If I can run my lips over you, kiss you, and have you in my arms that's all I'll want" I told her. She made a face at me and smiled. "You know I love you Freckles more than anyone at that damn university" I told her and she blushed. "I love you more than anyone too," Freckles said. I kissed her so fucking hard. She moaned and we stayed on the coach. Wy cried at midnight and Freckles had to go. She ran to the fridge and grabbed a box of something. Freckles didn't come back. I went to Wy's room and she was sleeping. Freckles wiped the tears off her face. "Hey Freckles, what's wrong ?" I asked her and she looked at me. I picked her up and put Freckles in bed. She calmed down and barely told me. A few minutes later she repeated it. "Wy is hypoglycemic and I forgot to check for her sugar level. She needed sugar and I didn't have any in her room. She inherited that since I have it." Freckles told me and she leaned against my chest. I rubbed her shoulder and she got pajamas on. I grabbed my bag and got pajama pants on. I locked at Freckles and she wasn't herself. I told her to come here and I lifted her across the bed. She put her head on my shoulder. I kissed her head and attempted to sleep. Freckles is the only one I don't mind being close to. I have no clue her and Wy had low blood sugar .I looked and know what both of them need. They both need immediate sugar to raise there levels. It broke me when I saw her cry. Her sparkled eyes went dark. It took everything she had to cry. Freckles only cried once. Some idiot launched a pencil that scratched her eye. She left that class and the only time she cried was then. Well the only time I saw. She's strong willed and tough. If something made her cry it was bad. She's just like my mom. Mom cried when Dad got in a car accident. She didn't cry when she cut her hand open with a knife. Instead she wrapped it in gauze. My sister of course was terrified. Tay hates blood. She doesn't even look at it. But right now Freckles was my focus. I heard Wy yelling for Freckles. I woke Freckles up and she went to Wy. She came back with Wy in her arms. Wy smiled and told me goodnight. I told her goodnight. It was a weird saying but she's cute as hell. She had her own freckles and looked like her mom. There was no doubt that her mom was Freckles. Wyatt is tiny but like her mother is tough. I'm not a fan of little kids. They throw fits or tantrums. But Wyatt's different. She's my girl's girl. Wy laid against Freckles chest. Freckles curled up against my side. I wrapped them both in my arms and got to sleep again. Freckle's alarm went off. She got up and Wyatt poked me. "Hi Ry '' she said and I woke up. She jumped into Freckle's arms and I got up. Freckles went to the kitchen and made coffee. She got Wy cereal and I wrapped Freckles in my arm. I kissed her neck and she smiled. I forgot there was a team workout today. I told Freckles I had to go. She made a face and Wyatt told me bye. I got clothes on and drove to the arena. Most of the guys got there when I did. We got to the gym and Coach set courses up. He threw us each a water and we started our workout. We all ran two laps and did 20 pushups. It was boring as hell. I had to leave Freckles for a damn workout. Only half the fucking team showed up. Most of the guys were asleep or drunk. Coach just marked them. At ten we finished and showered. I went to my room and got clothes on. Classes were boring as hell. We're doing fall finals soon. Which meant we all had to study our asses off. I got my grades up in some classes. But they aren't gonna stay that way. I know right now I'm gonna fucking fail. After morning classes I had to stop studying. I got to my room and had the food from the fridge. Garrett walked in and asked where I was last night. I told him I was out and he asked me where. I told him that girl who was at practice. "Damn dude she was something fine. That hair with those freckles. Mh damn so how is that workin ?" Garrett asked. I told him fine. He could tell I was getting annoyed. I went to my room and crashed till my afternoon classes. I threw hockey gear in my jeep and went to class.