Chapter 14 - Relax Freckles

Rory

I've been laying on the couch all week. I only get up to put Wy in bed or move to my bedroom. Ryder won't let me walk. If I get up he scoops me up in his arms. It's sweet how protective he is of me. When he's caring and protective it makes it harder when he goes. I wish he could stay here but he can't. I hate this apartment now it's not home. It's the last place I saw Hunter and got beaten unconscious. If I move anywhere it'd be farther from Ryder. I love Colgate a lot; However anywhere Ryder goes I'll go. He graduates this year which means he'll get signed somewhere. I don't want to move to a house here then move somewhere new again. For right now this apartment is ok. Honestly it's not but Wyatt loves it. On Friday, I got up around six. I carefully got out of bed so I wouldn't wake up Ryder. I shut the bedroom door and went to the kitchen. I checked my phone and Amy texted me.

Amy - Hi honey, I hope you're feeling better. If you're up to it give me a call

Since Ryder and Wy both weren't up I decided to call Amy. She told me hi and I told her hello. "I hope you're feeling better. I talked with the police department and they're looking for Hunter. He's been in hiding even since. Do you think he left town ?" Amy asked. I told her that I know where he is. She asked me where and I told her. I knew he was in that alley across from Wilming Cafe. "Okay honey if you need anything give me a call" Amy said. I thanked her and she hung up. I saw Ryder in the hall looking way too good. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. His dark blonde hair made him look like he just woke up. "What are you doing, Freckles ?" He asked me. I told him I had to Amy and she told me about Hunter. Ryder looked like he was mad. I was surprised when I walked over to him he wrapped me in his arms. He kissed my forehead and behind my ears. That's all it took to make everything leave my head. He picked me up in his huge arms and took me to the bed. "Relax Freckles, I'm here and not going anywhere" Ryder said. I kissed him and nestled into his chest. He was my home in the end. He's the one for me. I knew Hunter wasn't from the day he punched me. If I didn't leave him I wouldn't have Ryder in my life. Wy loves him so much and Addie has "accepted" him. She told me that no one is good enough for me but Ryder's the closest to that. Apparently they talked a lot while I was in the hospital. Today's the Warriors first official game of the fall season. Since I publish for the team I created an article for the newspaper. Coach reminds me to rest anytime I send him work stuff. He's like family now. He was there when I moved here, helps with Wy, and cares about my life. I told him about Hunter when I moved here. He hasn't liked him since that day. I know if I was fine that day he abused me; Coach would've broken him. Addie knows what her dad does is more than coach. He's a father to most of the boys on the team. He's there when their parents aren't. The injuries I got will take awhile to heal. I have to wear an ankle boot until December 5th and a cast until December 2nd. My ribs haven't hurt which is a good sign. My doctor warned me if my sugars are down to keep track. Ryder's been checking Wy's sugar for me. He picks her up and she sits in his lap. Their relationship is unbreakable. I know if Ryder left Wyatt would be hurt. I'm trying to trust Ryder with everything. I used to tell Hunter little and that ended horrible. Ryder is only aggressive towards guys who play against him. He's the kind of guy I've wanted. I woke up at ten and Wyatt was up. I went to her room and picked her up. "Mama is Ry here," Wyatt said. I told her yes and she hugged me. Ryder rubbed my shoulder making sure I wouldn't lose balance. I started cooking eggs with maple bacon. Wy sat patiently waiting for food. I gave her a small plate and I got myself eggs with 2 pieces of bacon. The serving left I gave Ryder. He finished every crumb on his plate and cleaned up for me. I went to my room and got ready. It was hard to get anything on with the boot. I had to take it off and put it back on. I put leggings on with a pullover sweatshirt. "Before the arena I have something for you two" Ryder said. I had no clue what it was. But apparently we had to drive there. We pulled into the driveway of this huge house. Ryder bought us a house !!!