67

Chapter 67
Gu Xiuyi took Ji Ruan to the dining room for a quick lunch, then they returned to their suite.
The VIP room at the bow boasted the best view and top-notch amenities. Sliding open the glass door revealed a spacious balcony with a hot tub, loungers, and a sun umbrella. A table was set with tea and pastries, ready for consumption.
One could imagine how delightful it would be to enjoy a massage in the tub while taking in the river view at night.
Ji Ruan rested his elbows on the railing, the gentle river breeze seeming to alleviate some of his inner turmoil.
Gu Xiuyi stood beside him, leaning slightly against the railing. "How do you feel now? Any better?"
Ji Ruan touched the tip of his nose. "It wasn't much to begin with..."
The wind had ruffled his hair, strands tickling his eyes, causing him to bow his head and rub them.
"Don't." Gu Xiuyi caught Ji Ruan's wrist, gently brushing the stray strands from his face.
There was a hint of red in Ji Ruan's eyes, likely from a lack of sleep.
Concerned, Gu Xiuyi didn't let him continue to be exposed to the wind. He led him inside, shutting the windows and door. Ji Ruan obediently sat on the edge of the bed, lost in thought. Gu Xiuyi approached and playfully scratched his chin.
Ji Ruan, being ticklish, wriggled under his touch and scooted to the corner of the bed, only to be enveloped in Gu Xiuyi's embrace.
"Behave yourself for now," Ji Ruan chuckled, pushing against his shoulders.
Gu Xiuyi tightened his hold around Ji Ruan's waist, planting two firm kisses on him, followed by an affectionate nuzzle against his cheek.
It was something he'd wanted to do since boarding the ship, but had restrained himself due to Ji Ruan's modesty.
"Alright, no more mischief for now." Gu Xiuyi created some distance between them, softly asking, "Do you want to take a nap?"
Ji Ruan was indeed a bit fatigued. He had woken up early and hadn't really slept in the car. He felt drowsy, but hesitated. As he pondered, his eyelashes quivered delicately.
"Is it alright if I just go to sleep?" he inquired. "It feels like we already have guests."
The suite was well-insulated, but even with its superior soundproofing, Ji Ruan could faintly hear the clamor outside. It must be quite lively.
Ji Ruan bit his lip. "You probably need to greet them, right? Would it look bad if I don't accompany you?"
"Not at all," Gu Xiuyi replied with a smile. "They aren't particularly important guests. A brief appearance from me will suffice. Rest if you're tired."
With the host himself saying so, Ji Ruan decided not to push himself. The bed beneath him was invitingly soft, and within moments, he found himself reluctant to move.
"Alright then..."
Ji Ruan smiled warmly, quickly planting a peck on the corner of Gu Xiuyi's lips. He then dove under the covers, leaving only a tuft of fluffy hair visible.
Gu Xiuyi felt a flutter in his heart.
It was rare for Ji Ruan to initiate a kiss.
Even when it came to kisses, Ji Ruan was different from Gu Xiuyi, who kissed with a wild intensity, as if wanting to consume the other person whole.
Ji Ruan's kisses were gentle and soft, like others'. There was a hint of shyness as they moved across the corner of his lips, reminiscent of a little swan ruffling its feathers, bashfully casting a hook straight to one's heart.
Gu Xiuyi paused for a moment, and without another word, pulled back the covers and embraced Ji Ruan.
Ji Ruan lay on the bed, fingers clutching as his heart raced. His vision momentarily brightened when he was suddenly embraced, the soft quilt gently settling around them both.
Within the dim lighting under the blanket, he saw Gu Xiuyi's smiling eyes.
"Why did you come in too?"
"To kiss you," Gu Xiuyi murmured, sticky-sweet in his ear.
His heart raced even faster, its beats painful in his chest. Gu Xiuyi sure knew how to speak candid, heart-fluttering words that were hard to face.
Ji Ruan, lying on his side embraced by Gu Xiuyi, had black hair spread across the pillow. His cheeks and earlobes turned pink from shyness, and the brooks in his eyes shimmered like wind-touched water, sending ripples of reflected light.
Gu Xiuyi leaned in, nipping Ji Ruan's blushing lips, then pulled him entirely into his embrace.
"Mmm!... You..."
"Hush, just one kiss. Nothing more."
Gu Xiuyi cradled Ji Ruan's head, gently stroking his soft hair, sharing a lingering kiss.
No, not sharing-for Ji Ruan, this felt like a unilateral invasion.