The Arrangement

I find myself with some free time this afternoon so I venture toward Prince Zen's office in hopes of being able to speak with him. I have to ask his permission for something and I truly hope he'll grant it for me. I haven't seen Mitsuhide or Obi but after their antics I feel mildly relieved. I hope they've put their nonsense aside at the least. When I arrive outside Prince Zen's door I knock and wait for something to happen. There's a chance he's not even in there or he could be gone from the castle entirely. Prince Zen's voice drifts through the door, calling for me to enter, so I quietly let myself in. He's settled behind his desk with stacks of books and papers littering the desktop. His hair looks disheveled as if he'd been running his hand through it. Perhaps now isn't a good time... I go to dismiss myself with an apology but his expression softens and he offers me a small attempt at a smile and asks what I need.

I leave Prince Zen's office a short while later, having gotten my matters settled. I just have to speak with Chef Howl of my coming absences. I smile softly as I make my way toward the kitchens, my thoughts far from the castle. I'd turned down Prince Zen's offer of additional assistance in favor of my privacy so I will be on my own for this endeavor. When I enter the kitchens, the building is in full rush for preparations for dinner. Preparing food for the princes when they're both here isn't too hard but we also have to supply the massive amount of staff that keeps the castle running. I duck beneath a platter covered in stacks of dishes as Simeon passes by with a quick glance down at me. Lovely man, incredibly tall compared to me. I maneuver around everyone as I scan the room for Chef Howl. My eyes land on him across the room, yelling at Misune for dropping a pot of soup. That's sadly not out of the ordinary considering she drops everything. I draw his attention away and suppress a smile as Misune gives me a grateful look and scurries away to clean up the soup.

Mitsuhide and Obi are both absent from dinner as I settle at a table with Lillith, Shirayuki, and Garak. I mention it, causing Lillith and Garak to snicker before Shirayuki tells me that Obi was called away with a message to Tanbarun and Mitsuhide was sent to the other castle where Prince Izana is currently staying. They won't be back for a few days so I won't be here when they come back. That will possibly cause an issue because I didn't tell them I had planned this. My attention is drawn back to the table as Shirayuki asks what's on my mind. That of course leads to another round of laughter from the blondes and their shared brain cell. They remind me of the book I read that held a mad tea party. I shoot them both a look before explaining to them what I'd discussed with Prince Zen. I'll be leaving the castle in the morning and will be gone for just over a week. Shirayuki asks me to send her regards to my family when I arrive. I smile softly and nod. I'm sure it won't be at all she expects but I'll do it regardless. It'll be nice for them to know that I have friends.

As I return to my bedroom for the night, I find my eyes lingering on the doors to Obi and Mitsuhide's rooms. It's going to be strange being without them for so long. I've grown to enjoy their company greatly. It is something I need to do though, so I can definitely make it for the week that I'll be gone. Hopefully by then I will be able to spend time with them. I asked Mitsuhide a while ago to train me with swords but he had many concerns about my safety and hadn't agreed to it yet. I'm hoping he'll finally do it. If not, I may ask Kiki for help. I doubt she'd have any concerns about me being a woman with a sword... I'd ask Obi but I've never seen him with a sword. He doesn't seem like a fighter to me regardless. I sigh and enter my bedroom. I need to pack and get everything ready so I can leave first thing in the morning.