Chapter 4

As the family's personal driver drove Soobin to the camp the next day, there was only one thing that he told himself.

Just... try to be nicer, and ask him if he wants to be friends. Even if I'm still confused as hell as to why I am acting like this.

Soobin arrived in front of the school building, bid his chauffeur goodbye and started walking inside. Just as he was going in, he spotted Taehyun, who also saw him and waved, approaching him a second later.

"Hey Soobin!"

"Hey. Feeling better?"

Taehyun laughed.

"Yes, I'm doing well, how about you?"

"Fine, thank you."

"What do you think we'll have first?"

"I think we have singing. Since we had dance class first yesterday."

"I'll probably have to catch up on a lot."

"Me too."

He only smiled.

"Then we'll learn it together."

Come on Soobin, just ask.

"Let's go!"

He was about to leave when...

"Taehyun."

... Soobin grabbed his thin wrist, keeping him from going any further.

His unexpected touch sent a wave of shock through Taehyun. The younger boy glanced up in surprise at the older, big eyes blinking rapidly out of habit.

"Yes?"

Soobin swallowed the small clog down his throat, and bit his lip, before mumbling.

"I uh... I was wondering if you'd like to be friends."

Damn. Did I just say that? I really said that just now did I?

Taehyun looked at Soobin with even more surprise in his eyes than him.

He wants to be friends too?! Oh my god!

The brunette looked at him for another moment, before showing a beaming smile.

"Of course! The more friends the merrier!"

Soobin gave a small smile.

"Yeah."

I'll see about that, whether or not that's true.

Taehyun only giggled and pulled his arm so the two of them would go inside, and once again, Soobin (strangely) did not mind.

Just as Soobin predicted, singing was first on the schedule. He of course knew who the singing instructor was from yesterday's events, but this was Taehyun's first introduction to Naerin, and he already really liked her.

"Morning everyone, today I'll be giving you your song texts for the songs which we'll be singing as a group."

Taehyun happily accepted the papers and read the heading of the first song.

"Hey look, we're doing Dancing Queen by Abba," he giddily said to Soobin while showing it to him.

Soobin looked up from his intensive note reading (despite having no idea what they meant)

"Huh? Oh, cool."

"Yeah! And... another one called Candy and... OHMYGOD Replay too!"

"You all will have at maximum three songs to which you'll dance and sing to. Sojung will teach the choreos to you," Naerin continued.