Chapter 38

🎶: 'Farewell' by Taeyeon

Woohan and Seolhyun did not even wait to see what Taehyun had to say about the future he was being plunged into.

They just temporarily left the apartment with his mom, and their bodyguards. Ahyeon had no choice but to come with them, thankfully not to the police, but to the company building to discuss important matters among the three grown adults.

The last thing she said before she left went through the door was Soobin should take care of her three children while she's away.

And who was Soobin to deny an important favor?

He first checked up on how Lia and Yuna were doing, finding them in their room on the eldest girl's bed, arms firmly wrapped around each other into a tight embrace.

"We were a bit shaken up by all the shouts, but we're alright," Lia said.

"Unnie played some loud music with headphones, so we didn't hear much," Yuna added.

Soobin sighed in relief.

"Okay, good to know."

At least there was one good thing about this dreadful evening... Christ would you look at the time, Soobin checked his phone to see it was already past 10pm.

Something tells me we'll all be up for a while...

"What happened, Soobin? Does it have to do with Mom... or does it have to do with Taehyun?" Lia then asked.

Soobin didn't know what and how to respond.

He didn't think it was right for him to break the news to them.

Such news are far too difficult to swallow without another trusted family member around. Of course, the sisters had each other, but it was different... they would need their mom, or their older brother...

Lia and Yuna were both eagerly awaiting for an answer— their large and curious eyes showed it.

"You will have to wait. I myself don't know," Soobin responded.

And it wasn't far from the truth. Because who knows what other trick his parents would have up their sleeve.

Soobin stood up and was about to leave, but Yuna's next question stopped him.

"Is Taehyun okay?"

The ravenette exhaled.

"No."

That was the only solid answer he could ever give this evening.

Taehyun was crouched up on the couch, hugging his legs. While Soobin checked up on his sisters, he went to the kitchen sink to wash off the blood off his mouth and lips, unfortunately coughing a bit more up and frantically washing his mouth out, desperately trying to get rid of the disgusting taste of iron. And now, was rocking himself front and back, as if he was trying to calm himself.

The sight of him was futilely incurable to digest.

He looked like a small child that had been abandoned on the side of the road with no food or shelter.