Chapter 44

🎶: 'You Were Beautiful' by DAY6

After arriving at the condo apartment building at 11pm, then dragging both Yeonjun and Beomgyu up the stairs because they couldn't even form a correct sentence and kept stumbling, plus the elevator was out of order, just his luck, and then pulling out the couch for them to sleep on, as in, tossing them on there to sleep after covering them with a blanket, Soobin finally fell into his bed, ready to fall asleep and put this party behind him.

But as usual, he was awake for another hour.

So many thoughts were consuming his mind, not wanting me to have any rest, and it was frustrating, especially because Soobin wanted more than anything at this moment to forget about everything.

And that's were Soobin unconsciously touched his lips.

That moment... he realized how flat they've become over time.

Back then... my lips were pretty full.

Soobin had almost forgotten how it felt to be kissed.

Yes, it was done without consent.

But even it was... that still had the power to remind Soobin of the time when he used to kiss someone... all the time.

Soobin exhaled, blinking the blooming tears away.

It's been two years, Soobin. Stop dwelling on the past.

Sick of not being able to sleep, Soobin grabbed his phone and earbuds, and plugged them into his ears to not wake his two friends who urgently needed a rest too. He selected an album with calm music and listened to it, and finally fell asleep just as the clock struck midnight.

When Soobin woke up at the crack of dawn, getting his usual five hours of sleep, Yeonjun and Beomgyu were still passed out cold on the couch, which was completely expected.

Number one reason to not drink alcohol.

Soobin let them sleep and just headed towards the bathroom, shutting the door behind him quietly. After turning on the lights, he glanced at himself in the mirror.

Truth be told... Soobin barely looks at his reflection anymore.

Not in the sense where he quickly glances at himself when he's getting ready for work or when he's fixing up his hairs— no, that he does.

But the staring at yourself type of way.

Doing so gave him triggering memories if he did, but right now, all Soobin could tell was... that he looked a lot more mature now. He didn't look as young as he used to of course, after all, Soobin was a bit older now.

Yet he also knew he would look much younger if all the sleepless nights, medication, and heartbreak hadn't damaged his face and worn it out.

All that was left of his youthful look was his eyes; the same dark brown orbs that never changed, aside from the fact that they no longer had a smile reach them.

The final reminder.

Didn't Yeonjun give me colored lenses once?

Soobin, wanting to get rid of it, opened a drawer under the sink and searched for them until he found the round box. And yes indeed, a pair of blue eye contacts were there.

He read the small manual that came with it and cautiously placed the contacts into his eyes. He blinked for a little so the sting would reduce, and when Soobin looked at himself again, he was shocked.

I look way different like this.

Almost like a completely different person with that piercing blue instead of his usual natural eyes.