Chapter 6

Five days have gone by since that little random moment on the stairs of the front main entrance. Soobin never addressed why he did that in the first place; he himself had no idea what thought overcame him that moment.

Did he want to display an act of affection as a thank you for the younger's defensive words for him? Or was it really just because he wanted to feel how soft Taehyun's hair was with how fluffy it looks?

But that no longer matters.

Today, the participants of the summer camp continued practice and preparations for the show in less than six days.

Soobin and Taehyun were in a group of nine people, themselves included, who would dance and sing to Dancing Queen. Unfortunately, Beomgyu wasn't part of it, as he was instead with Ryujin, Chaeryeong, and another guy with whom he'll perform Waterloo, also by ABBA.

"Whoever thought adding partner-dancing in there was a good idea, screw you," Beomgyu had said.

Luckily, Beomgyu was going to be with Taehyun and Soobin for Candy. So, the only one Taehyun was a bit nervous about was Replay, cuz he was by myself besides four other guys he was not close with.

But I'm an extrovert. I can do this, Taehyun had thought to himself.

Finally, after long rehearsals, Taehyun was done hitting all the high notes and the song finished right after as well.

"Nice job everyone!" Naerin praised.

Taehyun smiled and glanced over at Soobin.

"Phew, that was hard," he exhaled in relief.

"Really? You made it look so easy."

"Are you serious, or just being encouraging?"

Soobin nodded.

"I'm serious Taehyun, neither Naerin or I could tell if it was hard."

"Wow... thanks Soobin!"

The ravenette gently smiled at him.

"Come on, let's head to acting now. Then it's break."

Taehyun was just about to follow him when Naerin stopped him.

"Taehyun, can I discuss something with you?"

The brunette looked back at Soobin, who nodded.

"Of course."

Soobin left and Taehyun went back to their vocal instructor, who sat down in a chair and patted the one across from her for Taehyun to sit on.

"Taehyun, you really hit some impressive high notes just now. I have to say, from everyone, you're our best vocalist."

The boy turned slightly pink at that.

"Aww this is too much; you're so kind."

"I'm being honest with you right now. I think you have so much potential to become an amazing singer. Which is why I wanted to ask: would you like to perform a solo at the show?"

Taehyun froze.

Him?!

"A-A solo performance?" he stammered out.

All by myself?

"I think the audience deserves to hear your talent when you're by yourself. I don't intend to hold someone with such promising potential behind."

Naerin smiled at him.

"You can think about it, but please tell me by the end of today if you accept."