Chapter 20

"Soobin, what were you doing? You spent so much money today from your bank account."

As soon as he came back home from his fun hangout with his friends and boyfriend, Soobin now found himself confronted by his parents in the front hall of the main entrance. Seolhyun was standing there with her arms crossed, a stern expression on her already cold face, and Woohan? His towering height was enough to even make a giant like Soobin cower.

He bravely swallowed the lump in his throat.

"I went shopping."

"And you needed over 2 million won on just one bag?" Woohan eyed his singular shopping bag.

Soobin invisibly flinched, to his luck. His grip on the bag tightened however as his mind broke into a panic.

How can I remain somewhat honest while also lying?

"I also paid for our meals," he said.

That wasn't too far off from the truth, seeing how Taehyun and Beomgyu ran out of cash by the end of their shopping spree.

"Our?"

"Yes, I hung out with a few friends."

Both parents raised their brows. Soobin mentally facepalmed himself.

Oh shit.

"Few friends? Have you made more friends than just Hoseok?" Woohan asked.

"Yes."

"How many were you in total?" Seolhyun continued interrogating.

"F-Five."

Soobin didn't like where this was going.

"And it costs that much to pay for food?"

"Well, yes."

Father sighed and shook his head.

"How disappointing, throwing away so much money on such people.... Go to your room; you're on house arrest."

Soobin's eyes shot up fiercely.

"WHAT?! WHY?!"

"Until you learn how to spend your money wisely, I won't allow you to go shopping on your own."

"But why house arrest?!" Soobin protested.

"So you can learn from this."

Woohan turned around and Seolhyun walked off into the living room, leaving their son behind, angry.

Soobin stormed into his room and slammed the door shut, tempted to lock it but in the end he didn't. Instead, he just threw himself onto his bed and sighed.

I fucked up again, didn't I?

Soobin had completely forgotten that his parents controlled his bank account and constantly, regularly even on a routinely basis, check it to make sure nobody had robbed or hacked it and taken out illegal deposits.