Chapter 46

🎶: 'I'm Missing You' by Sunjae

Soobin seriously had no idea how to act. Everything felt like a dream... except that for once, it wasn't a dream.

This was reality.

Taehyun is back, and he is currently sitting beside him in the car, going home with him as it was late and also because they wanted to spend some... well deserved time together.

Funny how we managed to let go of each other after that emotional roller coaster.

Especially when a whopping two years passed between the last time and now that they were able to hug let alone see each other.

"So, you have your own apartment now?" Taehyun asked.

"Well, more of a condo room. It's big enough for whenever Beomgyu and Yeonjun come over."

"You're still in touch with them?"

"Yeah. They became my closest friends after you... after you left."

"Ah. I only have contact with Beomgyu."

"Oh."

It was quiet then. All they heard was the engine, and other cars passing by.

Soobin didn't realize that his hands were cold and shaky on the steering wheel, clutching onto them until his knuckles turned white, until Taehyun touched them.

"You're nervous Soobin. Is something wrong?"

Taehyun's touch was still so feathery and soft, it automatically sent goosebumps rushing down Soobin's skin.

It's incredible how you can still read my mind and emotions, even after all this time.

"I'm just... beyond grateful you're right next to me right now."

That's the only answer Soobin could come up with.

And it was the only right one out there for him.

"Me too," Taehyun said with a smile, leaning back into his seat.

After all, he was pretty exhausted from his extremely long flight from the other side of the United States back to South Korea. 

"Where were you planning to go?" Soobin asked.

"To Beomgyu's place, but I can call him later and tell him that I'm with you. I have my own smartphone now."

Oh?

That was a good sign for Soobin that life had become easier for the Kangs over in America, remembering how Taehyun told him that they couldn't even afford their own modern-day phones, having to rely on models from ten years ago.

"Good for you. But you know they don't work without mobile data, right?"

"I suppose you have WiFi in your condo?"

"Yes I do—"

"Then I can use it, right?" Taehyun cut him off.

Soobin was taken aback a bit.

"Of course you can."

Something felt a little off.

Taehyun has always been pretty straightforward, but his tone towards was a bit... stern? Or cold even, almost like Soobin when they first met.

Dang. That's already been three years.

Soobin had no idea what kind of storm was in Taehyun's mind.

Now that the overwhelming rush, no, flood of emotions had passed, he realized what going home with him meant.

Unspoken, untold truths.