Chapter 17

🎶: 'Heather' by Conan Gray

Soobin had to reread that last text twice to make sure that he wasn't going crazy. He ignored everything else that came afterwards, from Hoseok freaking out about Taehyun liking him back and then telling Beomgyu that Soobin felt the same and how it wasn't one-sided but two-sided... none of that mattered to him anymore.

He just couldn't... believe what was being said there, in that little sentence.

Taehyun... likes me? He... he likes me back?

Hoseok looked at him with an earnest look.

"Go for it Soobin. There is nothing to be worried about anymore."

With a determined expression, Soobin gathered all his books and shoved them into his bag.

Studying could wait.

This could not.

"I'll be paying a visit to the café now."

Hoseok smiled.

"Okay. Text me in case of anything."

Soobin nodded, and started his journey towards the café, his heart beating out of his chest with every step he took.

During the winter season, meaning the start of November until the end of February, the café closes earlier on Fridays, due to more risks of cold weather and snow, extra out of courtesy for their workers.

So, when Soobin arrived at 7:45pm at the café, just fifteen minutes after it closed, he spotted Taehyun by the counter from outside through the window.

The younger was dressed in mostly black, paired with a yellow beanie and a t-shirt which read "it's my birthday and all I got was this overpriced t-shirt from Vetements". And of course, he also seemed very tired, judging from the way he was feebly moving around while cleaning the counter and washing the dishes with a droopy eyed expression on his face.

His pretty and cute face.

He must have been working long hours recently.

Soobin turned the door knob, unsurprisingly opening as it was left unlocked.

And as expected, Taehyun was the only one who was still around; everyone else had already left, including his manager.

So it was just the two of them.

Taehyun looked up from his kitchen work when he heard the little bell jiggle at the top of the door, eyes bigger and rimmed red, seeming as if he'd barely gotten any sleep. Which was quite true: Taehyun hasn't been able to sleep well for two weeks now.

And seeing Soobin standing right in front of him... something about it made the exhaustion just... go away.

Like it never happened.

The taller stopped right before the younger, looking down at him with his calm yet serious gaze.

"Hello Taehyun."

"Hey."

Taehyun's voice came out small and soft, actually very unlike him. It only added more to the fact that he was anxious.

Anxious of seeing Soobin again after not talking to him for two weeks straight to figure out whether or not his feelings for him were legitimate and real.

If there was only one thing that came out of it aside from the sleepless nights and endless wondering: yes, they were very much real.

And Taehyun was terrified to face them.