Chapter 9

Part 2
"I don't know what this feeling is, but if I feel it only with you, I'll stay with you forever"

🎶: 'Affluenza' by Conan Gray

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Soobin, wake up!"

The raven-haired boy groaned as he hit the alarm clock so it'd stop beeping. He sat up, stretched, ruffled his messy bed hair, and then realized:

"I'm a senior now."

Meaning that today marked the start of his final nine months of school.

And that from now on, he was getting s-class treatment from their teachers and other members of the school board.

He smiled widely.

"Only this year and then I can move out and make my own decisions."

Soobin took his phone off his bedstead to check the weather today on this fine September morning, and saw that he had a few messages from Taehyun.

tae_kitty: Good luck on your first day of school!

Soobin smiled seeing his lovely text and opened his DMs.

tae_kitty

Hope we can hang out soon!

Good luck as well
Yes, I'll try to put some time aside

He responded immediately.

I'm free this weekend, what about you?

Soobin thought a bit and then replied back.

Yeah, I have time
See you then

See you then Soobin hyung!!!

The ravenette chuckled and then got dressed to leave for school.

A few weeks have passed since summer camp ended, and school was just about to start.

During that time, Soobin and Taehyun were constantly texting each other, usually at night, as they couldn't meet up again.

Soobin because his family had taken him on a short trip to Busan (that he didn't necessarily enjoy because he was alone most of the time but his parents refused to let him stay at home on his own), and Taehyun... he didn't specify.

The ravenette never thought much of it; he was too happy that he had someone he could talk to during his boring days.

Believe it or not, the two had grown closer, and started sharing a little more about each other, Soobin with other instances where people tried to take advantage of his money, and Taehyun with memories of his brother.

They were meaningful conversations.

Soobin could not remember the last time somebody made him feel so... extroverted? Is that the right word even?

He was never the type to initiate conversations first, it was usually his friends who texted him to meet up, not the other way around (and it was not just because of his shyness).

Yet ever since he met Taehyun... he really wanted to spend time with him. Even if it was just a simple text conversation, as Taehyun preferred it over calling, he enjoyed every moment they were together, and every conversation they had.