Chapter 21

The next week was a lot more bearable than the last one. Soobin believed it was all thanks to that evening with Taehyun. It truly gave him motivation to propel himself through the next week.

He really is a light in my dark world, one I treasure with my whole being.

Out of random, Soobin looked at his phone for a quick second in class to check the time (the good old clock in the room was not working anymore) and realized the date: December 3rd.

"My birthday is in two days," he suddenly said, not forgetting to talk in a hushed tone.

His friends turned around.

"You're right!" Hoseok gasped.

"Only two more days till you're an adult!" Jungkook said.

Soobin sighed in relief.

"Finally. Hopefully then my parents will stop treating me like a child."

"Do you wanna do something? Or maybe the following week?" Hoseok asked.

He shrugged.

"No, not really. If I forgot my birthday even existed, I doubt there isn't much to look forward to."

Hoseok pursed his lips.

"Well, it'd still be nice to celebrate ya know?"

"I'll see."

The three immediately hushed up as soon as Soobin saw Mr Shun glaring at them for talking in his class.

At least make the subject more interesting you know.

"WAIT YOUR BIRTHDAY IS IN TWO DAYS?!?!"

Soobin winced as Taehyun yelled that sentence in the middle of the street (they were on their way to the café).

"Uhh yeah," he embarrassingly admitted.

Taehyun slapped his forehead.

"I'm so dumb; I forgot about it!"

"That's okay Tyun; birthdays are overrated anyway."

"No they're not!"

"Well, maybe for you," Soobin said while ruffling his hair.

Taehyun huffed and pouted cutely.

"I'm still gonna prepare you something. Should we meet up at our spot that day?"

"Umm sure."

If my parents don't suddenly decide to do something in the evening. Which I doubt they will. They don't even bother to ask me what I wanna do on time either.

"Okay! I promise it's gonna be a nice day!" Taehyun acclaimed, showing his fist in determination.

Soobin smiled.

"Every day is nice with you Tyun."

Taehyun, automatically (it was at this point a default response), blushed.