Chapter 10

The past week has been strange.

Soobin could feel that something was not right.

But he didn't know what.

He had no idea what he did wrong, but Taehyun was avoiding him in particular as much as possible.

During lunch, he would sit directly next to Beomgyu and barely say anything to the three of them. And on their first PE lesson of the year, he never said a word to him either.

And with the seniors ALREADY being so busy (and overwhelmed with the number of assignments they had plus the given knowledge of how HARD their exams would be), Jungkook, Hoseok and Soobin could not hang out at all, and not so much as even text each other due to the amount of work.

So he couldn't really talk about it with anyone.

Which was kinda bad, as it was consuming his mind full of thoughts that kept him up at night and distracted him from his tasks.

Was it something I said? Was I too... I don't know what. I can't for the life of me figure out why he's avoiding me, usually that was me— wait is this karma? Ugh.

Soobin sighed out loud in frustration, thinking about it. Hoseok turned around in his seat after hearing him (thank God his sigh was only loud enough for the trio to hear and nobody else).

"What's wrong?" he questioned.

"You seem more distracted than usual during class," Jungkook commented.

Soobin gave him an annoyed glare.

"Thanks."

"Come on Soobin, you know you can tell us," Hoseok encouraged.

He exhaled.

"It's about Taehyun. He's been so distant in the past week. And I don't get it; just one week ago he was happy to see me and now? I'm practically invisible to him."

Jungkook and Hoseok glanced at each other worriedly.

They had noticed that Taehyun was not very talkative during lunch, but they didn't know that Soobin was being ghosted by him.

From the way Soobin spoke they could deduce that they were currently not exactly on speaking terms.

"Do you think you did something wrong?" Jungkook asked.

"No... not that I know of."

And that's what really worries me. I really don't know a thing about making new friends and how to act around them, and what counts as screwing up.

"Well, if you didn't, then I don't get why he's ignoring you," Hoseok responded.

"Exactly."

"Do you think Beomgyu knows? He is Taehyun's best friend after all," Jungkook suggested.

"Maybe. I could ask him after school."

"Could you do it maybe tomorrow? I have dance practice here tonight and I kinda need some feedback from you both."

"Of course!" Jungkook responded.