Chapter 15

A/N: I updated the previous chapter so if Wattshit is in touch with its wits the last bit should be up, so make sure to read it before this part 🥰

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

🎶: 'Rain' by Taeyeon

The next day went by quickly. Taehyun had his morning classes, ate lunch with the rest, had his afternoon classes, and got ready for work. Soobin unfortunately couldn't tag along for the walk, having an appointment to attend, so Taehyun just went there by himself.

Sometimes, Taehyun thought to himselfit was nice to work there. He got to meet many new people every time he took the customers' orders, delivered the food, or printed out the bill, some who even give me extra cash. And his coworkers were really friendly too; being the extrovert he was, Taehyun befriended most of them already.

The only thing that was really risky sometimes was that a lot of students came here too. What happened with Soobin did not affect Taehyun that much, surprisingly, but that was because he promised with his whole heart he wouldn't tell, and Taehyun trusted him because he was his friend (and crush).

But he didn't know too much about others.

If they found out, I would be screwed.

Towards the end of his late evening shift, Taehyun sat down on a bar stool, resting his head on his arms. He was really tired, but unfortunately, the boy still had to clean up.
All the other workers had already left, except for his manager, who was busy finishing some things up. Meaning it was only him around, as usual, doing the remaining work. Taehyun grabbed the cleaning rag off the sink and began to wipe every table platform, and the backs of the chairs too, and after that, he swept the floor, occasionally having to wipe the sweat off his forehead.

Finally, everything was clean and tidy. Except for the dishes. Taehyun sighed, wishing he was done, and opened the tap to wet the sponge to take care of them.

"Taehyun, it's already 8:35. You can go now," his manager said out of the blue, coming in from his office in his clean restaurant.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes yes, I think you've worked plenty; the place is spotless. Good night and get home safely."

Taehyun gave him a small and polite smile.

"Thank you, you too."

After taking off his apron and hanging it up, the brunette grabbed his school bag from the storage room and put his coat on. He pulled his beanie over his hair and went outside of the café, ready to go home.

...

Great.

It just had to rain. But it was not just any rain; it was pouring, and it even felt like sleet. A sign of the times, that the seasons were changing and getting colder, signaling November.

There's no way I can find a taxi to take me home; they're probably extremely busy. And I need the wages for Lia and Yuna more than a car ride.

Taehyun stood there, already getting drenched by the continuous pouring.

What other options do I have?

The brunette thought for another while.

He didn't have a phone, so he couldn't call Beomgyu to have his mom pick him up either. The school was too far away, and the teachers were probably heading home, so none of them could give him a lift.

And Taehyun didn't exactly think camping in the café was great or ideal for his back.

Then, he realized his only option left. And already, Taehyun was a blushing mess.