Chapter 52

🎶: 'Like a flowing wind' by DAY6

Soobin in the meantime was roaring down the road.

He knew that Taehyun may be— okay, he will be— upset at him for leaving him with his father, but he had to urgently go.

Just as Kang Dooyoung showed up and Taehyun began clashing with him, Soobin received a message from Yeonjun that his father showed up at the café, and that he was looking for him.

It's a wonder that Soobin showed zero reaction when he saw Yeonjun's frantic text messages popping up on his device.

Because it's something you would not expect on your ordinary Tuesday (granted, it's the weekend, but that just flowed better).

There was no time to wonder how Woohan knew he worked there.

Soobin pressed his foot on the pedal, wishing he could drive over the speed limit, but that would mean paying a fine he certainly doesn't have the money for, nor does he want to spend it.

"What does that bastard want from me now?" he questioned to himself.

Finally, Soobin arrived at the street of the café and parked his car. He stepped out of the vehicle and went inside the café with quick paced steps.

Out of instinct, Soobin glanced at the counter, where Yeonjun was standing printing out a receipt. Upon spotting his younger brown haired friend, Yeonjun pointed towards the end of the café.

Soobin looked in that direction, and nearly felt his heart stop.

How else was he supposed to react to seeing his father after not seeing or hearing from him for two years?

Choi Woohan sat in the corner of the café, right where him and Taehyun used to sit together back in their high school days, drinking a cup of coffee while being dressed in a sleek slate colored suit. He looked much older from the last time Soobin saw him; his hair was already graying around his temples, and noticeable wrinkles had formed on his forehead, deepening the creases around his sharp eyes.

Well, obviously he wouldn't look as young as he used to look— all of them grew older in the past years.

But certainly not as gray and worn out as he does. Why do I even care.

Soobin walked over to the table, his sneakers making no noise as he made his way towards it, and sat down on the chair across from his father, nearly scraping it across the floor.

The aging man looked up from his cell phone to face... a face he never thought he wouldn't see for so long.

"Hello Soobin," Woohan greeted him.

Dang, he could still recognize me with my new hair color.

"What do you want from me? If you want me to come back, forget it," Soobin said.

"That's not it, Soobin."

His father placed his coffee cup on the saucer.

"I came to talk."

"About what? How your business needs my help cuz you haven't been doing well financially recently? It's been on the news after all," Soobin bitterly replied.

Even though Soobin had avoided hearing any news from his estranged family.

Father sighed.

"No Soobin, it's not that."

"Then what?! You literally yelled at me to never show up again let alone show my face to you unless I'm ready to call—"

"I came to talk with you about how you've been the past two years," he interrupted.