Chapter 1

"Beep! Beep! Beep!" The sound of the alarm made me groan. Now I'm starting to regret not sleeping early.

I sluggishly rose from my bed and trudged to the bathroom, shutting the door in frustration.

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I looked utterly dull.

After brushing my teeth and taking a quick shower, I left my room and headed towards Tiwa's room.

Opening the door gently, I saw her small figure lying in bed.

"Tiwa, wake up," I said, tapping her softly. Tiwa is my little sister, and she's seven years old.

"I want to sleep," she mumbled, attempting to push me away.

"Come on, get up," I insisted, pulling her leg.

"This is unfair," she grumbled as she sat up.

"Why do we have to go to school anyway?" she complained, rubbing her eyes.

"To learn, become better people in the future, and don't forget, to make money too," I replied.

"Make money? But we already have Money," she retorted, then reluctantly got out of bed.

"Just keep thinking about your parents' money," I teased.

"What else am I supposed to think about?" she shrugged.

"Come on, let's both get ready before we're late for school."

" come let me bath you" I added.

"I can bathe myself," she declared before darting into the bathroom and locking the door.

My parents were always on business trips, hardly ever home, leaving us with the housekeepers and security.

I have three siblings, two of whom are already working and living abroad.

My life can be quite dull, but I don't mind. I prefer it this way.

Tiwa and I dressed for school, had breakfast, then headed out. We attended different schools since mine was a secondary school.

"If I hear that you've been fighting again, I'll tell Mommy and Daddy," I warned.

"I won't, I promise," Tiwa replied with a smile as she climbed into the car.

~~~~~~~

  I entered the classroom, which was still relatively empty, and took my seat before unpacking my books. Reading was my solace, and achieving good grades was my sole focus in school.

"Timi! Timi!" I heard my name, prompting a groan. This boy's sole purpose seems to be disrupting my life.

"What?" I responded, closing my book and turning to face him.

"Why did you give me the wrong number yesterday?" he asked, as if he were entitled to have my phone number.

"Because I don't want to talk to you! I've been telling you this for ages, yet you still persist in bothering me," I snapped. Yes, I may sound rude, but trust me, he's a real nuisance.

"Why are you so rude? And why do you dislike talking to people?" he inquired, taking a seat beside me. What did I do to deserve this?

"Kelvin, leave me alone," I muttered, then reopened my book.

"It's just a question," he insisted.

"Well, it's because you have a corrupt mindset. Your thoughts are polluted, and it's not appealing," I retorted.

  Kelvin is the epitome of a troublemaker, spoiled and rotten to the core. All he cares about is girls.

"I like you, and you know it. That's all I can think about, to be honest," he admitted.