Chapter 5

🍒TIMI🍒

"No, you might as well do it the other way," Atlas insisted, reclaiming his pen from my grasp.

"It's like you should be the one teaching me because I don't understand," I countered, taking the pen back from him.

I couldn't comprehend why his mom tasked me with teaching him, considering it seemed like Atlas already had a good grasp of the material.

"The best student, she says," he muttered, displaying his ignorance once again.

"Maybe you should ask your dull girlfriend to teach you then," I retorted.

"You can't talk about her like that," he fired back, abruptly rising from his chair. His sudden reaction caught me off guard.

"The truth always hurts," I replied, turning my attention back to the books.

"You're just pained," he remarked, sinking back into his chair.

"Back to what I was saying."

Two weeks since this jerk arrived in Nigeria, two weeks filled with disturbances. I even contemplated changing my room, but I loved it too much.

"Before I go, my mom wanted to see you," he announced.

"Okay," I replied.

"Now?" I inquired.

"Yes," he confirmed. As we began to walk towards the door, I halted suddenly.

"You go first," I insisted, forcing a fake smile.

"Why should I?" he questioned.

"Nothing, just go," I replied, mustering another forced smile.

"O...kay," he responded awkwardly. How many times had I caught him staring at my Ass? I'd lost count. But at every opportunity, he seemed to take a glance.

"Timi," Mrs. Austin greeted warmly, enveloping me in a hug.

"Good evening, Aunt," I reciprocated with a smile.

"How are you?" she inquired.

"I'm fine, what about you?" I replied with a smile.

"I'm great, as you can see," she chuckled, before her attention shifted to Atlas.

"Oh, you," she teased.

"I thought you didn't remember I was standing here, you only saw her," Atlas quipped, revealing his jealousy. Mrs. Austin laughed before turning back to me.

"I hope Atlas isn't giving you a hard time?" she asked. Despite wanting to confess that her son was the most annoying person I'd ever met, I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"No, he's so sweet," I said, shooting a glance at Atlas, who seemed taken aback by my remark.

"Oh, thank goodness," Mrs. Austin sighed in relief.

"So, I wanted to ask you about something, and I really hope you accept," she continued, making me nod.

"Me, Atlas, and Adam are going to a beach house this Friday and coming back Sunday," she explained.

"Wow, that sounds nice," I said, although inwardly, it didn't appeal to me at all.

"I was wondering if you and your sister could come," she added, causing my smile to falter.

"Me and Tiwa?" I questioned.

"Yes, please. I would really appreciate it, and since your parents aren't always around," she explained. There was no way I could agree to that. Absolutely no way. I needed to find a way to decline.