Chapter 4

🍒TIMI🍒

"Can you even imagine that? Like I've told you about Dera and how she used to like all the guys in school. Now Atlas is telling me he likes her. Does that even make sense?" I vented to Tiwa, who looked at me with a tired expression.

"You sound like you have a big crush on Atlas. Do you?" she teased.

"Abeg, stop jor. Are you even hearing yourself? Me, like Atlas? Someone I just met a day before yesterday?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Then why are you telling me?" she questioned.

"Because I wanted you to understand that Atlas is a stupid boy," I replied, feeling frustrated, and she yawned in response.

"You're just pained," she remarked, laying back on her bed. I sat there, speechless, staring at her.

"I thought you would even understand," I muttered, standing up.

"Well, I don't. I'm just seven," she retorted.

"You know more than me sometimes," I admitted, then left her room, closing the door loudly behind me as I made my way to my room. Along the way, I encountered Rosy, our house help.

"Mrs. Austin is downstairs and she wants to see you," Rosy informed me.

"Okay, no problem," I replied before heading downstairs. I found Mrs. Austin sitting on the couch.

"Good evening, aunty," I greeted her with a smile, walking towards her. She returned the smile before enveloping me in a warm hug.

"How are you?" she inquired.

"I'm fine," I replied, returning her smile.

"So, I came because of Atlas and also to ask you for a favor," she began, and I nodded, indicating my readiness to listen.

"You know he missed the first two weeks of school and he missed some parts. I don't know if you would have the chance to help teach him what you've been taught," she explained, smiling kindly.

Wait, me? This woman literally owes the school, so she could assign any teacher to teach Atlas, but why me?

"And he's also struggling in math," she added, awaiting my response.

"Yes, sure. I can teach him," I agreed, trying to be helpful.

"Thank you so much, Timi," she expressed her gratitude, hugging me again.

"He will meet you whenever you have the chance, but that will be next week since we are still settling down," she informed me.

"Okay, he can come anytime next week by 5 p.m.," I suggested, making her smile even wider.

"Aren't you an angel?" she remarked, her smile radiating warmth.

"I'll see you later," she said, bidding me goodbye before returning to her home.

I watched her leave, feeling a sense of responsibility settling over me.

Walking into my room, I couldn't help but notice Atlas standing by his window. Great, just what I needed( note the sarcasm).

"Why did you close your window when I told you that I liked Dera?" he questioned, his tone a mix of curiosity and frustration.

"I can decide to tell you if I want to, and I don't want to," I retorted, trying to keep my annoyance in check.

"You know we can be friends, right? But you just like acting like I did something bad to you," he pointed out, his voice tinged with exasperation.

"I don't want to be anyone's friend," I stated firmly, crossing my arms.