Chapter 14

🍒TIMI🍒

  It's been two weeks since Kelvin and I started dating, and a lot has happened in that time. After Chidera cheated on Atlas, he ended things with her the next day. She was furious, blaming me for leading him to the restroom where he caught her in the act. Well, guilty as charged, but honestly, she deserved to be caught.

Her actions were not fair, using Atlas for her own benefit just because he's the proprietor's son and, let's face it, quite attractive.

On the bright side, Kelvin and I are doing really well. He's truly the best person I could ever ask for in my life. He's supportive, caring, and just an all-around amazing boyfriend. I've been encouraging him to study more because, let's face it, Kelvin tends to prefer playing over hitting the books. But as the best girlfriend in the world, it's my duty to make sure he's on track academically, even if it means some playful nudging to get him there. Funny how love can motivate you to do things you never thought you would, right?

  Meanwhile, Atlas and I have grown closer since the incident with Dera. We talk every night before bed through our windows. It's a strange but comforting routine we've developed. Despite what happened between us, I can't help but wonder why he kissed me that day. I know he doesn't have feelings for me, so what was his motive?

"Want to go for a swim?" Atlas's voice interrupted my thoughts. I glanced at him through the window before bursting into laughter.

"Me, swim with you?" I replied, incredulous.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" he asked, leaning against his window.

"Nothing, actually. It's just unexpected," I admitted, still surprised by his invitation.

"I know what you're thinking, you know," he said with a playful smirk.

"Oh, really? And what's that?" I asked, feigning innocence.

"You think I want to check out your ass," he said bluntly, causing us both to burst into laughter again.

"I mean, yes you do most of the times but thats not it" I said, knowing full well he's guilty of it.

"Okay, okay, jokes aside, do you want to swim?" he asked, his tone more serious now.

"What if I said no? What would you do about it?" I challenged, enjoying our banter.

"It's simple. I'll just carry you and throw you into the cold water," he replied with a mischievous grin.

"You wouldn't dare!" I exclaimed, laughing at the image he painted.

"I promise I won't look at your ass," he added, trying to reassure me.

"I'll hold you to that," I said with a smirk, knowing he's probably lying. I've caught him sneaking glances before.

"Alright, I'll get dressed," I said, accepting his invitation.

"Whose pool are we using?" he asked, curiosity evident in his voice.

"Obviously mine," I replied, earning a playful eye roll from him.

I closed my windows and then slipped into a bikini top and shorts, taking a moment to admire myself in the mirror. I couldn't help but smile—I felt beautiful and confident, and I knew it.

Heading downstairs, I encountered Tiwa coming out of my room, dressed in a cute little gown. I raised an eyebrow inquisitively.

"Why are you all dressed up?" I asked, a smile playing on my lips. Tiwa glanced at me before returning the smile.