Chapter 22

"Sure thing," Atlas murmured, leaning in to plant a soft kiss on my lips. It felt both exhilarating and troubling, but I couldn't resist his charm.

Once school was over, Atlas and I walked back together, prompting me to inform my driver to stand down since I'd be heading home with him.

Approaching the familiar gates of my house, I noticed three unfamiliar cars parked in the compound, standing out among our family vehicles.

Excitement surged through me as I hurried into the house, the sounds of laughter from the living room urging me on.

Upon entering, I first caught sight of Tife's face, followed by Tobi's, Mom's, and Dad's.

"Tife!" I exclaimed, rushing over to engulf her in a tight hug. Tears welled up in my eyes as I embraced my beloved sister, overwhelmed by emotions.

"Don't cry," Tife whispered, reciprocating the hug with equal warmth.

"Timi!" Tobi's voice rang out, joining our embrace. His playful teasing about my height brought a smile to my face.

After exchanging warm greetings with Mom, Dad, and the other guests, including Stephanie, my brother's fiancée, I finally made my way upstairs, pulling Tife along with me for a much-needed catch-up session.

~~~

"How was school?" Tife asked as she took a seat on my bed.

"Fine but stressful," I replied, shrugging off my uniform shirt.

"You're still dating Kelvin?" she inquired.

"Yes, I am," I confirmed, but her reaction was skeptical.

"What??" I protested, stepping closer to her.

"Don't tell me you and Atlas are still messing around while you're dating Kelvin," she accused. My silence spoke volumes.

"Mrs. Player," she teased, laughing.

"No, I'm not. Atlas knows I'm with Kelvin, so..." I trailed off, unsure how to justify my actions.

"But does Kelvin know that you and Atlas are kissing anyhow?" she pressed.

"I don't know what to do. I don't want to break Kelvin's heart," I confessed, collapsing beside her.

"And what about Atlas?" Tife prodded.

I pointed towards Atlas's room. "That's his room."

"If only my boyfriend's window was beside mine back in secondary school," she mused, smiling.

"He's not my boyfriend," I clarified, feeling a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"See how you're blushing," she teased.

"I am..." I began, interrupted by the door swinging open. Tiwa entered, glaring at me until she spotted Tife, her expression instantly softening.

"My baby," Tife exclaimed, pulling Tiwa into a tight hug.

"I missed you," Tiwa admitted, melting into the embrace.

"I hate surprises," Tiwa grumbled as they separated.

"We had no choice," Tife explained.

"You won't hug me?" I asked, smiling at Tiwa.

"I see your ugly face every day," Tiwa shot back, though her tone was playful.

"Me? Ugly? Have you seen yourself?" I retorted, grinning.

"Yes, and I'm more beautiful than you," Tiwa boasted proudly.