Chapter 7

~☆ATLAS☆~

Atlas's brow furrowed in concern as Timi stormed away from the veranda. Her frustration hung heavy in the air, but Atlas couldn't bring himself to dwell on it. He simply wished she'd stop saying shits about his girlfriend.

Soon after, he retreated to his room, where he found Dera's petite form nestled on the bed. A wave of affection washed over him as he gazed upon her. He couldn't fathom why Timi couldn't accept their relationship.

Approaching Dera, he leaned in to press a tender kiss against her neck, then her lips, gently stirring her from sleep.

"You've been smoking," she murmured softly.

"Just a little," he admitted, his voice tinged with remorse.

"It's not good for your health, you know. I care deeply about you," she reminded him, her words stirring a warm feeling within him. How could he not be in love with her? She was his everything.

"I'll make an effort for you," he promised sincerely before settling down beside her, pulling her close in a comforting embrace as they drifted off into slumber.    

Atlas was jolted awake by the tumult outside, realizing Dera was no longer beside him. Concerned, he rose from his bed and made his way out of the room.

Entering the kitchen, he was met with a scene of discord. His mom, Timi, and Dera were engaged in a heated argument.

"If you had washed the plates, we wouldn't be in this situation," Dera asserted, her frustration evident.

"Am I your slave now? Is your hand hurting, or are you just stupid?" Timi retorted, her tone cutting.

Atlas couldn't stand by any longer. "You've always had a problem with her. Can't you just mind your own business?" he fired back at Timi.

"Do you think I have time for you or your stupid girlfriend?" Timi shot back.

"Atlas," his mom's voice interrupted, drawing his attention.

"Maybe if your girlfriend was helpful in the kitchen, all this wouldn't have been happening," she suggested, her tone tinged with reproach.

"Why should she? We have maids," Atlas argued.

"This is a vacation strictly for family—no maids and no girlfriends," his mom clarified firmly.

"And neither is Timi our family," Atlas asserted.

"It's a combined family vacation. Her family will be here in a few moments, and you have no excuses," his mom declared, her gaze shifting to Timi.

"Sorry about that," she said to Timi, who smiled in response.

"And tell her to learn how to wash her own plates," Timi added, prompting Atlas to scoff in disbelief. He couldn't fathom his mom siding with Timi over him.

"Let's go," Atlas said, taking Dera's hand as they exited the kitchen.

"Your mom doesn't seem to like me," Dera observed once they were alone in their room.

Atlas turned to her, enveloping her in a comforting embrace. "She doesn't know you yet. When she gets to know you, I'm sure she'll love you," he reassured her, kissing her forehead.

"I just hope she does," Dera said, holding him tighter.

  Two hours had passed, and it was already breakfast time. Timi's parents had arrived by then.

Atlas and Dera entered the dining room to find everyone already seated.

"Oh, your son," Timi's mom exclaimed upon seeing Atlas.