Chapter 10

I lay on my bed, unable to sleep, replaying the moment I kissed Kelvin. Did I really do that? Oh, lord. The thought of liking Kelvin sends a shiver down my spine. 'Don't trust anybody,' that's always been my motto, and now this?

My door creaked open, and Tiwa walked in, grinning mischievously.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I asked, trying to divert the conversation.

"I saw you," she said, her grin widening.

"Saw me? What do you mean?" I asked, attempting to play innocent.

"I saw you kiss that tall, dark, and handsome guy," she teased, pulling out her phone to show me a video. My heart sank as I watched the footage of me and Kelvin.

"No, you didn't see that," I denied, hoping she'd believe me.

"I did," she insisted, smirking triumphantly.

"Why would you record that?" I asked, feeling exposed.

"Simple, you denied it, so I wanted evidence," she said, still smirking.

"I'll get you back for this," I promised, feeling a mix of embarrassment and frustration.

"Haha, so you like a boy and didn't tell me," she said, teasingly.

"I didn't say I like him," I quickly defended myself, but the truth lingered in the air.

"That's a lie. You were blushing when you kissed him and ran into the house," Tiwa observed, her grin growing wider.

"Seriously?" I asked, realizing my feelings might be more obvious than I thought.

"Yup, nobody blushes after kissing someone they don't like, especially you," she said, reading me like a book.

"I don't know, but I think I do," I admitted, feeling vulnerable.

"You do?" Tiwa asked, her excitement palpable.

"I think so... but I can kill the feelings if I stop talking to him for two days," I said, trying to regain control.

"Why would you want to do that? I don't think you've ever liked someone before," Tiwa pointed out.

"Well, the last time I liked someone, you were about three years old, and it didn't end well," I reminded her, still haunted by that memory.

"Kelvin is a player, you know," I warned Tiwa.

"Yeah, like he has a lot of girlfriends?" she clarified.

"Yeah, that," I confirmed.

"And how long has he been chasing after you?" Tiwa inquired.

"Since I entered grade 11, he's been pestering me every day," I confessed.

"Wow, he's been persistent for a year," Tiwa remarked, clearly impressed.

"I think you should give him a chance," Tiwa suggested, surprising me with her support.

"A chance?" I echoed, unsure if I was ready to take that leap.

"Yes, especially with how Atlas has been acting lately," Tiwa hinted, catching me off guard.

"What does Atlas have to do with anything?" I asked, confused by her implication.

"Nothing," Tiwa quickly backtracked, sensing my discomfort.

"But why are you still awake?" I diverted the conversation, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, you weren't told?" Tiwa chuckled, avoiding my question.

"Adam and I are having a sleepover," she announced.

"Sleepover? Alone?" I asked, surprised by the sudden plans.

"Aunty Ava was here a moment ago," Tiwa explained, rising from her seat.

"Goodnight," she said, bidding me farewell before exiting my room.

I sigh deeply before standing up, my mind still swirling with Tiwa's words. Despite her age, she often speaks sense.

Turning around, I jump in shock to find Atlas staring at me. This guy is slowly becoming a creep.

I roll my eyes as our gazes meet.

"Sorry about what Dera said," he finally speaks. I stare at him irritably. Oh, I should be happy he's apologizing.

"I never knew that happened to you, although I was also wrong defending her when you slapped her. I was stupid, I know," he continues.

"It's just like if a fellow guy talks about how my dad died, I would be pissed too and even give him a blow," he explains.

"I'm sorry, seriously," he says. I look at him before nodding.

"I told her to apologize on Monday," he adds.

We're both quiet for some time.

"You know, Kelvin is lucky to have you," he bursts out. That's quite surprising, especially coming from Atlas.

"We're not dating," I finally speak out.

"But you like each other," he says, smiling. Does he think I'm smiling with him?

"Goodnight, Atlas," I say before closing my window.

                  ~☆ATLAS☆~

Atlas lay on his bed, pondering over the evening's events. What does Timi even see in Kelvin? He knows Dera's actions were despicable, and he regrets defending her. After processing everything, he realizes Dera was wrong for bringing up Timi's past.

Sighing, he grabs his phone. He's starting to have second thoughts about Dera. Her behavior tonight was unexpected, but he understands she couldn't drink 10 glasses of water within 15 seconds.

Looking through his window, he sees Timi already sleeping. Even though she closed her window, he can still see her. She forgot to close her curtain too.

He keeps staring at her, unable to look away. What's wrong with him? Is it that she's beautiful? Damn! He's always been loyal in relationships, but staring at Timi feels like cheating.

Closing his eyes, he tries to shake off these thoughts. He really needs to stop this. To be honest!

Eventually, he falls asleep, still stealing glances at her.

  Monday arrived in a flash, and Atlas found himself in his usual seat with Dera beside him. He couldn't help but steal glances at Kelvin and Timi together. She seemed to be laughing at every little thing he said.

"I don't really need to apologize though she seems cool," Dera said.

"No, you have to," Atlas insisted.

"Why? She was the one who slapped me. I'm surprised that you're even taking her side now," Dera complained.

"Taking her side? She was raped, Dera. How can you joke about that?" Atlas retorted, causing Dera to fall silent.

"You shouldn't have brought it up, you know that, right?" he added.

"Do you like her, don't you?" Dera asked suddenly, making Atlas look at her with surprise.

"Why should I?" he replied.

"Because you're taking her side, something you never do," Dera pointed out.

"Because what you did was wrong. You know I really love you, and I don't like her," he said, then pecked her lips.

"I love you too," Dera responded, kissing him back.

"What do you think if we go to the restroom?" she asked seductively.

"Not today," Atlas replied, leaving Dera stunned. Normally, he would have been happy to go to the restroom with her.

"Seriously?" she asked, then stood up from the chair and walked away.

Atlas continued to watch Kelvin and Timi. What was she even laughing about?

TBC