Chapter 8

"I want to be free

Wind in my hair

Salt in my skin

Sun in the air"

"Holly! Where have you been?" Mum said as she hurriedly came to me, "are you hurt?" She inspected my face and arms before I pushed her away. "I'm perfectly fine! I've just been exploring the back of the house, that's all," I replied before saying, "I'm responsible enough to look after myself, and I'm a teenager if you haven't noticed."

"It wasn't me you worried, it was those friends of yours, calling your phone again and again, I finally answered it and I told them you weren't here, they thought you'd done a runner!" She said, before she continued to cook the meal. "You'd best call them." Mum said, before she flipped a pancake in the air. I grinned, the smell of the tasty pancakes wafted through my nose, making me drool. "Those aren't for you! These are for myself and Ella, since we're not heading out to the neighbour's house. They're a really nice couple who I met at the market today and offered to have us over for lunch". I groaned and then sat down on the kitchen table, picked up an apple from the fruit bowl and placed it into my mouth. "Don't eat that you'll lose your appetite!" Mum said, frustrated.

"Sorry," I said, "I'll finish it later then!" I said before I got up and left the room. If my mum had answered my phone - which was in my room - it meant that she had entered my room. What if she had discovered the letters!?

I raced up the stairs and burst into my room. "BAX!" I screamed, as I saw he was sitting on my bed with the letters in front of him. I shut the door behind me and went up to him, trying to make myself look as patronizing as possible. "What the hell do you think you're doing with MY stuff?" I said, before I grabbed his arm, turning any possibility of him escaping into dust.

"I was just looking! I swear Holly! I only read one of them! I swear!" I dragged him up by his arm. "When you found the letters, where were they?" I snarled before narrowing my eyebrows.

"Why does it matter?" He shouted in my face before he spat on me.

"That's it! I've had enough of you, you little bastard!" Just as I was about to hit him a huge shout erupted... "SHUT UP!" Dolly screamed from outside the door, "I'm trying to play with my barbies!" She squealed. "Just tell me!" I whispered sharply in Bax's ear.

"Under the bed! Under the bed!" Bax yelped before he shoved me hard.

"Tell no-one of what you saw, understand me?" I said, before I let him leave my room.

"Yes!" He said, "I get it, crazy pyscho".

He knows I hate it when anyone comes into my room, especially when people snoop around my stuff. I didn't even feel slightly sorry for him, he's given me a black eye before, and broken 3 of my toes, he's a tough lad.

I walked over to my bed, and pushed back my hair before I gathered the letters into a neat pile and placed them in to my bag which I would take to the neighbours house.

After I had hidden the box, I got my phone out from underneath my pillow. My mum always puts things under my pillow, I had no time to call anyone but I quickly checked my four missed calls, three from Eliza and one from Layla.

"Holly!!" Mum shouted from downstairs. I placed my phone in my pocket, grabbed my hoodie and ran downstairs and into the kitchen. "This Is the address, go get Bax and Dolly from upstairs, careful not to wake Ella, she's finally sleeping." She handed me the slip of paper before I groaned and made my way upstairs to Bax's room. "Time to go!" I shouted to no-one in particular but Dolly and Bax hurriedly made their way downstairs, put on their shoes and we headed off.