Chapter 1

Introduction

Every person that has ever existed, knows of the common story between Heaven and Hell. Two sides of the same coin. One side holds the believers, sinless, perfect beings known as angels and seraphim. The other side holds the opposite, violent, cruel, temptation driven demons and devils. The understanding between the two is…complicated to say the least, especially in the last two weeks. Extermination Day happened twice, the loss of General Adam, the Redemption of Sir Pentious, the uproar at the court of Angels and Seraphim and many more underlying actions. So much in so little time would have anyone worried about the balance which the two realms have maintained for many, many years. Although this hasn't been the first time this order was threatened, up in Heaven, there are protocols that exist to…address these matters.

Upon closing a book on top of the glowing table, Sera, the well known and oldest of the Seraphim, set down her pen and sighed. She kept a diary to empty her thoughts when she felt overwhelmed with the world around her. She turned her head to stare out the window, which made up one end of the room, at the beautiful golden light pouring through and illuminating the area around her. A large door remained vigil at the other end of the room, watching over the large room and the hall behind it.

“I swear…I'm getting too old for this.” Sera muttered as suddenly, a knock was heard on the door, startling her as she grabbed her book and stood up, heading to the door. She used her free hand to grip the golden handle and open it, taking a moment to observe who stood in front of her. On the other side of the door stood a black hair with white tip ends angel, whose height rivaled that of Adam, the former General of the extermination unit. Above his head was a halo, smooth and blue, resembling a ring of water. His face was slightly round, with black hair outlining his jaw. His attire consisted of a trench coat, unbuttoned, and colored in a deep aquamarine color. Under the coat, was a white turtleneck sweater, and a pair of regular fit dark blue jeans. Under his right arm, he carried a mask that seemed like your typical angelic mask that exterminators used except it had no horns, only ripples on the top as if to resemble a brain.

“My lady,” The angel said as he bowed to Sera.

“Cross, I'm happy you could come so quickly. Please,” Sera stepped aside as the angel, now known as Cross, stepped into the room, while Sera closed the door.

“I can't lie, when I heard the news of what had transpired in Hell, and now the redeemed demon coming here, I knew eventually you would call upon me.” Cross took a seat at the table as Sera did as well.

“Obviously. This…changes a lot of things. Now we have the others on the court fearing that Hell has become too powerful, and will amass an attack soon. They don't even know about…Pentious yet, thanks to Emily keeping an eye on him.” Sera explained, laying out the problem for Cross as he listened carefully. His eyes held white irises with golden sclera surrounding them, a beautiful yet ghostly look to pair with his attire.

“The court doesn't need to be worried about Hell's occupants, you and the other Seraphim know that. If you were worried, you would have amassed an army already, bigger and more dangerous than Adam's extermination unit. If I may, I would say you're more worried about Hell’s readiness for war…and the princess, Charlie Morningstar.” Cross words left no room for naivety to slip in as this was his job, working as one of the top brass agents for E.V.E, Evangelical.Virtuous.Equilibrium.

“You are not wrong, but I felt that bringing one of our more trusted agents onto the matter seemed right, seeing as how you have a past with Hell. Because of that past and knowledge, I hope I am right to believe my orders won't fall…unfinished.” Cross set his mask on the desk as he reached into his trench coat and pulled out a simple white paper note pad with a smooth, white marble pen.