Chapter 14

It was needless to say that after Cross's announcement and Alastor's threat, the hotel became under sieged by the majority of Raphael's soldiers on Pride. Cross and the group had decided that if the hotel was gonna be standing by the end of the night while simultaneously keeping everyone alive, then they were gonna have to play their cards right. That being said, they were gonna need someone to properly deal the cards in their favor, a rigged game so to speak. As the soldiers lined up outside the hotel ready to advance, Alastor and Husk stood facing one another in the studio booth.

"Understand, our deal will continue after 24 hours. But, because of my deal with Cross, I am to return your soul so we might have a chance of surviving this excursion. Don't try any funny business, I'll be watching..." Alastor's warning made Husk's skin tingle. He stuck out his hand toward Husk as it became lit with a green flame. Husk gave a glance to Cross who nodded his head. With confirmation, Husk reached forward and shook Alastor's hand causing the green fire to ignite both their hands. Husk's eyes tightened as he felt his old power coursing through his body. A fancy suit like Alastors appeared over his chest and overalls as his hair smoothed back. The tired look he once had in his eyes was now gone as his body seemingly grew a few more inches as well. When the fire died down, Alastor released Husk's hand as Husk clenched and unclenched his fingers.

"24 hours, don't waste it my good man!" Alastor hummed. Husk grinned as he looked to Cross.

"I don't plan on it," Cross grinned and Angel approached Husk, eyeing his new look.

"Looking good, Husky!" Angel walked up and examined Husk's clothing, running a couple fingers across his shoulders.

"Well, I didn't think the suit would come with the power but I gotta admit, it feels real fucking smooth." Husk admired with Angel.

"Husk, do you remember how to do that one move? You know the one I'm talking about. Lotsa Luck, I think is what you called it." Cross questioned the recently returned overlord who smiled. He reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a stack of cards as he shuffled them in his hands and with each shuffle, the cards began to illuminate and dance around everyone in the room. Just like how everyone's clothing had changed with Alastor's magic, the same was happening with Husk. Angel's clothes changed to a newsie paper boy look, cap, overalls, and a white t-shirt to match. Cherri had a beautiful pink crisscross dress that showed off her thighs and her bust fantastically well. Alastor's and Cross's clothes were the only ones not to change but they still had Husk's magic dancing around them like a black and red aura.

"There, you've got a little enchantment from me for luck. If you plan on missing any shots or fear of getting shot, my magic will keep you alive and keep your aim sharp." Husk explained.

"Fuck yeah! I look like a slutty murder machine!" Cherri commented, running a hand down her curves.

"Alright, Alastor, instead of protecting the outside, we're gonna protect the inside of the hotel. That way, if anyone tries to get inside and then attempts to leave, your magic won't let them." Cross ordered as Alastor tapped his cane on the ground and caused his magic to swarm throughout the hotel.

"Like a Chinese finger trap! I do love how your mind works, dear Cross!" Alastor hummed.

"Cherri and Angel, you're gonna hold down key choke points. One will be the steps that lead up from the lobby. I will assist Angel in holding that point down while Cherri will prepare her choke point in the hallway behind us. If we get overwhelmed, we retreat back to her, understood?"

"Wait, just a quick question!" Angel suddenly blurted out as Cross looked to him.

"Why can't you just dash around like you did down in the lobby and take those guys out?"