Chapter 16

The air was filled with silence as Stone and Cross stared down Raphael. The fallen angel gently stroked the trigger to his shotgun while looking between the two angels. His grip was tight on his sword, his form mimicking Cross's, showcasing one of the things he learned from training with him.

"HA!" Raphael dealt the first shot as he pointed his shotgun at Stone and fired. Stone placed the broadside of his sword in front of his face as the pellets struck his sword and the sides of his body, causing him to take minimal damage. Cross shot forward at Raphael to catch him off-guard as he fired a couple shots at him with his pistol. Raphael blocked the shots with his sword as he then blocked Cross's slash that followed afterwards. While maintaining a power struggle with Cross, Raphael noticed Stone swing to his left and charge him with his sword raised high. He brought his shotgun under his other arm as he gave Stone a crazed stare before he fired the shotgun again. Stone barely had time to react as he placed his sword in front of himself again and narrowly blocked the attack.

"What the-!?" Cross hadn't seen Raphael pump the shotgun to load another shell in yet he fired another shot at Stone. As he brought his sword forward and pressed Raphael back, he went to shoot him with his pistol as he was defenseless above his chest. Suddenly, a red, smoky hand shot up from behind Raphael's back as it gripped Cross's hand and pointed it up, causing Cross to fire and miss him completely.

"Nice try, teach! But I ain't going down that easily!" Suddenly, multiple arms of the same smoke shot out from behind Raphael catching Cross by surprise. They grabbed Cross's sword and forced it up and away from Raphael as the former student tried to use this opportunity to attack Cross. But Stone had gotten close and sent his fist into Raphael's side, blowing him away from Cross. Raphael's eyes went wide as gold blood flowed from his mouth as he felt his lung collapse from that hit alone. His back slid on the ground as both Stone and Cross didn't give him a chance to breathe as they charged him again. Raphael's wounds healed near immediately after a moment as he quickly got on his feet and racked his shotgun with his smoky hand. He began firing the shotgun quickly at the two as the cursed pellets flew at Cross and Stone.

"Dodge!" Cross yelled to Stone as he dodged to the side with help from his wings. Stone however, didn't listen as he charged ahead, catching all of the pellets fired at him in his armored hand.

"What the fuck!?" Raphael yelled as Stone threw the pellets aside and swung his sword, his gold blood pouring out of his hand that received the pellets. Raphael quickly brought his sword up to block as he stared at Stone. His heart dropped as the look on Stone's face was nothing less than bloodthirsty as his sword collided with Stone's. The large angel's sword cut through Raphael's with ease as Raphael couldn't avoid the sword cleaving him in two. Raphael's eyes went blank as he watched his sliced blade clatter to the ground before his upper and lower half hit the ground as well, his gold blood pouring around himself. Stone breathed heavily as he stared down at his hand, his heart beating wildly as Cross stared at the scene in surprise.

The surprised look would quickly turn to shock as Stone would yell in pain. He had taken his own sword and sliced his own left arm off at the elbow as he breathed heavily. Before his very eyes, the arm burst into a red flame, torching it into a black crisp.

"Aw, you ruined the surprise!" Cross and Stone looked to Raphael's upper half as the fallen angel's wings flapped and helped him rise off the ground. His lower half stood up as well as it went underneath Raphael and reconnected with his torso, completing him once more. Raphael dramatically stretched as he gave Stone and Cross a silly look.

"Mmm! My, my! Gotta hand it to you Stone, you're as strong as the angel's described you to be!"

"Raphael, what have you done to your body?" Cross whispered as Raphael looked down at his torn robes. He sighed as he threw his weapons to the side and pulled off the upper half of his robe. He threw it to the ground as the lower part of his robe stayed connected to his waist by a sash he had tied around it a while back. Raphael's body was incredibly fit, with each muscle being defined as well as scars that covered his chest and stomach.