Finale

Act One

The courtroom was in chaos. Angel's fled the room as quick as they could while Emily stared at the hole in the ceiling. Her heart pounded in her chest as she gasped for air, her sobbing near uncontrollable.

"Emily!" Sera called out as she flew down to her companion. Adam released Pentious as the snake slithered over to Emily as quick as he could. Adam then turned to Lute but found she was no longer there, the only remnants of her whereabouts being a couple of her feathers left behind.

"Where the fuck did you go Lute?" Adam muttered to himself as soon, the courtroom was completely cleared out, leaving Pentious, Emily, Sera, and Adam alone.

"Emily, are you harmed!?" Pentious asked, checking Emily as she quickly grabbed him and pulled him to her, sobbing into his chest. Pentious hugged her back, his head on top of hers as his hand ran softly up and down her hair.

"Emily-" Sera spoke touching Emily's shoulder.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" She yelled, smacking Sera's hand off her. Sera was caught off guard by Emily's outburst, her eyes wide with disbelief. Emily pulled away from Pentious as quickly as she had hugged him, marching up to Sera, her eyes filled with fury.

"Why!? Why didn't you defend Cross!? Why didn't you defend me and Pentious!? You knew we were innocent and yet you said nothing!" Emily yelled, tears welling back up in her eyes.

"Emily, I couldn't-!"

"Couldn't what!? Risk your spot as head Seraphim!? Couldn't fight for something that's right!? What is wrong with you!? After everything Cross has done for you, for us! You let Michael-!"

"WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE, EMILY!?" Sera roared, catching Emily, Pentious, and even Adam off guard. "Had Cross not stepped in and let you become fallen, I would be the only Seraphim able to continue running Heaven! Had I stepped in, Michael would have surely added me to the list along with you and Pentious! I cannot face Michael when he is the High One's right hand man, who I may remind you is the reason I am head Seraphim! I do not have the authority to fight back against his word!" At this point, both Emily and Sera had reverted back into their somewhat bird like appearances, with the many eyes on their hair, clothes, and even halo opening up to showcase their fiery feelings.

"So what you're saying is if you weren't such a pussy then you would have stood up to Michael!?" Emily screamed as Sera grit her teeth.

"HOW DARE YOU-!"

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Adam yelled catching the two Seraphim by surprise. "Why the FUCK are you both arguing!? Yeah, Sera fucked up on not protecting you, Emily, but she has a point! Had you fell, she would need to stay behind and run Heaven! But had Sera protected you, Cross, and Pentious, all four of you could've fallen! You're not looking at the big picture! Who is to blame for all of this shit!?" Adam extended his arms to gesture to the now empty courtroom and the hole in the ceiling. Emily and Sera looked between themselves and Adam as Pentious cleared his throat.

"Um...is it Michael's fault?" Pentious asked.

"Oh for fuck sake, yes, Pentious, it's his fault. Good job keeping up." Adam grumbled. Emily and Sera both took a breath as they both calmed down and Emily stared at the ground.

"I'm sorry, Sera," She said softly. "I've just...never been this angry and confused before..."

"No no, I understand. It's a lot to take in, and it would be foolish for me not to acknowledge how you felt." Sera responded as she pulled the smaller Seraphim into a hug. Adam took a breath, relieved things have somewhat been resolved before a glint caught his eye. He turned his head and saw Cross's badge on the ground as he approached it and picked it up, staring at it as his friend once did.