Chapter 13

Raphael let out a roar of anger as he watched the screens which portrayed each circle of Hell. Even though Graves had been eliminated, on Lust, Asmodeus was free and fully healed, having single handedly taken back his entire tower. In Gluttony, the situation couldn't be worse with Beel leading a revolt against the enemy soldiers with her people armed with the dead soldiers weapons. Even though Pride was still under his control mostly, he had not only lost sight of Charlie and her hotel, but had gotten a glimpse of Cross as well, which angered but also excited Raphael. He could finally get his vengeance, and with that, cut a hole into E.V.E that could never be filled. But Cross had not only freed Charlie and her friends, but also potentially killed Jessie since she was stationed at the hotel at the time. He depended on her for information, and with her gone, he was left in the dark.

"Heh, well, it looks like your 'fool-proof' plan isn't turning out so well, is it?" Lucifer chimed in as Raphael turned to him. The Prince of Darkness gave Raphael a toothy grin as he walked up to him and kicked him in the face, sending Lucifer's head into the wall behind him.

"So I lost three rings, oh well. I'll get them back when Cross is dealt with, and then have my soldiers go kill off the Sins! Don't forget, I could let all of Hell know of your wife's deal, and then you wouldn't have to worry about me. Your own people will turn on you!" Raphael rubbed his foot against Lucifer's face as he said this, chuckling. Lucifer mumbled something as Raphael took his boot off his face and looked down at him.

"What?"

"How did you find out about my wife's deal? Not one person in Hell knows except the Sins, which is why they don't try to stop the exterminators when they come. Same with the Goetia royalty and anyone of high standing. So how is it that a fallen angel found out?" Lucifer asked, his question making Raphael raise an eyebrow.

"You really want to know?" Raphael asked as he bent down to Lucifer, who only glared at him in response.

"Well, why not? After all, it's not like you'll be living after today, right?"

-Elsewhere on the Pride Ring-

Cross, Alastor, Angel, Cherri, and Husk stood inside Alastor's newly reformed radio studio at the hotel, while Charlie, Vaggie, and Niffty stood on the roof with one another. Earlier, Cross had made a plan with them, and with Jessie's thoughts now his, he was able to make sure this plan was nearly flawless.

"Alright, listen up. Right now, Pride is still under Raphael's control. It's potential he's killed off some of the overlords besides Carmilla, due to his past deals with her and her weapon making knowledge. I am willing to bet that Zestial is with her, wanting to protect her and her daughters from Raphael's forces. We'll come back to that in a moment, but right now, we need to establish our headquarters and I think the hotel is the best solution for that. Anywhere in downtown Pride is swarming with soldiers so we can't trust that any place there is safe to hunker down. Charlie, Vaggie, and Niffty, I want you three to go find and bring Carmilla to the hotel along with anyone with her," Cross had told the three women.

"Wait, if downtown Pride is swarming with enemies, why send Charlie, me, and Niffty to go get Carmilla?" Vaggie questioned.

"Yeah, almost sounds like you're wanting to write them off," Cherri said with a squinted eye.

"It's not like that at all. From what I could tell from Jessie's memories, her and Raphael had a tight relationship. She was the leader of the squad that took the hotel, a place of interest, just like how on every level of Hell a squad has done the same with the Sins. Each leader with the squads is supposed to report to Raphael every three hours, it's been four now. Which means Raphael will be sending some of his forces to go investigate the hotel, which means...?" Cross prompted a question for the women.