Chapter 15

Cross and Angel had quickly retreated back to the hallway were, with careful instructions from Cherri, were able to avoid her well placed traps, which were mostly bombs with tripwire attached to the clips. Once on the other side, they waited for the enemies as Angel had the chance to reload and Cross the time to heal some of the wounds he received.

"You held them at the lobby for a good while! How many do you think you killed?" Cherri's question made Angel snicker as he posed with his guns.

"At least fifty! They got so pissed they started not even coming inside the hotel and just start unloading their guns from outside! Husky's magic kept us alive throughout that entire situation but even with the magic, me and Cross still got hit!" Angel described the situation as Cross grunted and started focusing his power into his holster.

"I didn't think Raphael would send the entirety of his squads to the hotel. That's great news for Pride, and bad news for us. If they keep pushing against us like this then our chances for survival are slim."

"What do you mean our chances are just now slim? They've been slim for quite some fucking time now! It literally takes one good shot from those guys to fucking end us!" Angel said.

"Let's just hope they aren't smart enough to blow up the hotel from the outside..." Cherri mentioned as all three at the same time knocked on the wooden doorway of a vacant room.

"Here's hoping..." Cross muttered as he went to grab his pistol but the pain in his shoulder caused him to hiss and gingerly pull his pistol back I out to use.

"Cross! Cross you there!?" Suddenly, Chorus voice shouted inside Cross's mask as he quickly tapped the side of it.

"Chorus!? You're here? On Pride!? What about Gluttony?" Cross attitude change prompted Angel and Cherri to turn their attention to him.

"Gluttony has been secured! Beel is leading a revolt against the soldiers right now! I'm in this radio studio here in the hotel!"

"No kidding!? Well, happy to have you join the fun! What about Greed or Lust? Any information?"

"Hello? Cross? Chorus? Can either of you hear me?" Suddenly, Stone's voice came through as well, earning a gasp from Chorus.

"Sweetheart!? Is that you!?"

"Yeah, it's me. I'm happy to hear your voice darling."

"Stone! Welcome to Pride! What's the situation on Greed and Lust? Any info on Graves?" Cross asked as Cherri motioned to the end of the hall. Cross peeked down the hall as he noticed Raphael's soldiers carefully making their way closer and closer to the start of the long hallway.

"Mammon is free and so is Asmodeus. Graves didn't make it. I called for Heaven to send their exterminators to Lust, Greed, and Gluttony. My position is currently on the train, trying to get it to the train station and then I'll be on my way to you two. Stone out." Stone's information on Graves made Chorus and Cross upset that their friend had truly passed but steeled themselves, for the war was not over.

"Chorus, listen. If Husk is with you, he's a black and white cat demon, remind him to refresh his spell! I also need you to sing a song. Not just any song. A song that will not only immobilize the enemies but enchant our demonic friends. You know any good ones?" Cross asked as he peeked down the hall again and noticed the enemies getting closer to the first trip wire.

"Cross, please, you only had to ask!" Chorus hummed. Chorus heard an explosion on Cross's side as he yelled, "Hit em' hard!" Before his voice disconnected from Chorus's mask.

"So, what did he say?" Husk asked as Chorus looked to him.

"You need to keep refreshing that shield and luck spell you're giving them. In the mean time, excuse me~!" Chorus chimed to both Husk and Alastor as she tapped the radio demon on the shoulder.