Chapter 12

At the hotel, time had seemingly slowed for the group as they watched a soldier approach Charlie and place his rifle against her head. Tears welled up in her eyes as they were wide with shock. Vaggie's eyes were wide, filled with tears as well as she tried to stretch out her hand, trying to desperately reach her girlfriend. Husk couldn't help Angel, yelling and pulling against his restraints as the soldiers had him pinned and went to have their way with him, getting between his legs and choking him. Alastor could barely move now after the beat down he had received but still tried to, his broken body on fire from the pain. Niffty and Cherri could barely do anything themselves as the soldiers sneered, assaulted, and kept them still, knowing they would be next to die after Charlie.

"Please...please don't!" She begged as blood ran down her leg where the hook had punctured.

"Permission to kill Charlie Morningstar?" The shark demon soldier asked the radio imp next to him. The imp waited for a moment before giving him a thumbs up as the shark grinned and went to pull the trigger.

"Charlie-!" Vaggie screamed as Charlie looked to her with distraught eyes, then was followed by the sound of a gun going off. "NO!" She screamed as blood ran down Charlie's head. Charlie's eyes were blank but she didn't fall or crumple. The shark demon released the gun as one would find it quite difficult to use a gun if they didn't have a brain to fire it. The shark was missing its head as it's body crumpled down to the ground, catching the group off guard. Charlie blinked in shock as Vaggie was just as surprised as her. Suddenly, the demons holding Vaggie down found it difficult to breathe as their throats were sliced open, their blood pouring down their chests. They collapsed as Vaggie could see a force dash between the multitude of soldiers, delivering precise, killing blows as each soldier began freaking out. They started to fire their guns in multiple directions, nearly hitting Charlie and her friends as they began dropping like flies.

"Raphael! Raphael! We have an enemy-!" The radio imp was cut short by a tight spray of holy bullets blowing through his body and making him swiss cheese. Angel found the demon trying to rape him suddenly lifted off his body and cleaved in two as the demons screamed in terror. They ran to the door to retreat but the murderous force shot a basketball size hole through each of the demons, both shark and imps alike. The group only watched as this force delivered a bloody end to the attackers. A radio imp watched this massacre happen as he turned to Charlie and grabbed a knife. He charged Charlie as Charlie tried to back away upon seeing the knife.

"DIE!" The imp screamed, but that was all the demon said as the force met him next. The imp found himself lifted off his feet as Charlie could now clearly see the force in front of her. Cross brought the imp above his body as he slammed the imp down to the ground. The imps skull cracked open as it's eyes widened and it tried to speak but was met with Cross's shoe slamming into his head, curb stomping him. Blood splattered on the ground as Cross removed his foot from the bloody mess, flicking chunks of brain and tissue off his foot. Cross glanced around quickly as his sword, pistol, and coat were drenched in blood.

"Cross? Is that you?" Vaggie croaked, tears sliding down her face as the angel turned to her. Vaggie almost couldn't recognize Cross due to his new helmet and blood covered look but it was his wings that helped her finalize that it was in fact her old friend. Seeing the enemies were all dead and no longer moving, Cross extinguished his blade and wiped his pistol cleaned with the inside of his coat. Holstering and pocketing his weapons, he turned to Charlie as the young daughter of Lucifer stared at him with tear soaked eyes.

"Hello, Charlie. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, but the rest of this ring is in danger, so I can't stop and chat. Allow me to help you-" Cross went to touch Charlie but she flinched as she had a look of uncertainty in her eyes. Cross sighed as he grabbed his helmet and removed it, setting it on the blood soaked ground. His face was sweaty and concerned, a look that not many knew Cross to have. How many demons had Cross killed to get here? She wasn't sure, but with a quick flick of his hand, Cross pulled the hook out of her leg as she grit her teeth and whimpered.