Chapter 19

Act One

After the uprising on Hell had been quelled by E.V.E, Michael, and Adam, Cross was now resting in an infirmary room in Heaven. He wore a white cloth hospital uniform that was comfortable on his body and exposed his upper back. With one of his black dotted wings remaining, the scarring on his back reflected where his other wing was after he was healed. He also had some bandages on his chest and arms that were hidden under his uniform. His eyes held a blank look as he stared out the window at the city of Heaven below. There was a knock on his door as it opened, making Cross turn to see who it was. In the doorway was Sera, holding in her hands a helmet that Cross felt looked familiar.

"Hello, Cross. How are you holding up?" Sera said softly, entering the room and closing the door behind her.

"Well enough. Thank you for asking, my lady. What do I owe the pleasure?" Cross said as he stood up and bowed slightly to Sera. Sera always found Cross's gentleman attitude refreshing among the other modern day angel's that weren't afraid to speak their mind without a censor. She frowned as she looked at his face, seeing the eyepatch Cross now had over his red eye.

"Does it bother you, my eye patch? I was told by Michael to cover it up." Cross asked, seeing Sera's attitude to his eye patch.

"No, a red eye doesn't define who you are, Cross, your actions have done that enough. Please, remove it." Upon hearing her opinion, Cross removed the eye patch, his beautiful crimson sclera and black pupil on show for Sera to see. She smiled and nodded, setting the helmet down on Cross's infirmary bed.

"Much better. Before we get to the point as to why I'm here, I wanted to ask you about something. Your removal from E.V.E as an agent due to your missing wing. Are you sure you're okay with it?" Sera asked as Cross sighed.

"I can't be an agent with just one wing. I would be overwhelmed quite easily by the enemy. But it's not all bad, they offered me a position as a teacher, like Michael was..." Cross trailed off as bringing up Michael now brought conflicting feelings for his old teacher and the actions he had taken recently.

"Cross," Sera's soft words caught his attention as she approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Are you sure that's how you feel?"

"...No, of course I'm not okay with this, any of this in fact. My friends are dead, one fell and was killed by Michael, Pentious and...Emily...are on trial for a crime they did not commit. After all of my years of service for E.V.E this is how they repay me? By pushing me to the side and telling me I'm broken so I need to step down?" Cross growled under his breath as Sera was satisfied to hear his true feelings.

"I didn't have a choice with my wing. I had to tear it off in order to save Stone and Lucifer from Raphael...but I guess it just doesn't matter."

"Cross, there's no doubt in my mind you took the best course of action when all the cards were on the table. What you do does matter and I'm sorry that I can't heal your wing, only the High One can do that. But, I can heal something," She grabbed the helmet off the bed and presented it to Cross as he eyed it.

"I've seen this before. Wait, what do you mean you'll help me heal something?" Cross asked before taking the helmet.

"This helmet helps you with one thing, your memories. By putting it on your head, all the memories you had before you died will come rushing back to you. You will remember who you were," Sera stated bluntly. Cross's eyes narrowed as he glanced up at her.

The Fine Line We All Walk (Hazbin Hotel FanFic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara