JUXTAPOSITION

juxtaposition, n.

It scares me how hard it is to remember life before you. I can't even make the comparisons anymore, because my memories of that time have all the depth of a photograph.It seems foolish to play games of better and worse. It's simply a matter of is and is no longer.

--

When love ends, one may think that it's all about just one person's fault, that's why the other person leaves the relationship, the partnership

When love ends, one may think that it's all about just one person's fault, that's why the other person leaves the relationship, the partnership. What's worse? The marriage. You build and create this life into thinking maybe, just maybe, you are not cursed in life after all. It could be that this life of having a wife, a family, is what you deserve.

Because as you were growing up with a broken family, having to witness your parents fight over you for custody, buying your love by giving you all the material things they can give you. That leaves an impact. Separate birthday parties, separate holiday vacations, alternate sleepovers.

That leaves an imprint inside of you that as you grow old and having to understand everything that went on to your family, you make a promise to yourself that one day, when you have a family of your own, you will never make the same mistakes your parents did.

Or it was just an empty promise, after all. Not when you're the one who's signing the divorce papers one day. Not when your own marriage falls apart at your own feet, right where you stood. Definitely not when the person you love the most walks out of the door, carrying everything with her, not leaving everything behind, except for one thing, the only thing, the most precious thing that you both share.

--

Michelle Dee has been working nonstop ever since she graduated from college. Her friends, most especially her mother, remind her she doesn't need to overdo it. She's already a successful businesswoman, but she doesn't listen, she loves working but not to the point that she's neglecting everything and everyone that's in her life.

Alarm blares inside her room. She's a little awake now, aware of what is happening around her. She feels her huge bed dip slightly, already making her smile, even though her eyes are still shut.

Cold and tiny fingers poke her cheek one, two, three times. Then the hand moved to her eyelid, forcing it to open.

"Wakey, wakey!" an angelic voice murmured in front of her face. The person who's trying to wake her up, thankfully turned off her alarm by the nightstand. She's not sure how they figured it out, but hey, this one is smart.

"You're gonna make me blind if you keep on poking my eye like that, kid." She mumbled.

"Wakey now."

She groaned. Why does she have to wake up this early? "You were waiting for my alarm to go off, aren't you?" She asks, opening an eye to see her daughter sitting on top of her. The child looks at her innocently. "Good morning, buddy."