ARDENT

ardent, adj.

It was after sex, when there was still heat and mostly breathing, when there was still touch and mostly thought... it was as if the whole world could be reduced to the sound of a single string being played, and the only thing this sound could make me think of was you. Sometimes desire is in the air; sometimes desire is liquid. And every now and then, when everything else is air and liquid, desire solidifies, and the body is the magnet that draws its weight.

 And every now and then, when everything else is air and liquid, desire solidifies, and the body is the magnet that draws its weight

"Oh, Dani."

Such a quick response and yet it made Michelle laugh. This misunderstanding was an understatement. Dani must have thought that she was already carrying a baby inside her tummy when she asked her daughter if she would want a little brother or sister.

"It's okay, baby. Dani must have thought that you were pregnant. We will talk to her tomorrow and then we will clear things up with the entire gang." Michelle took her eyes away from the view behind them so she could look at Ann.

Biting her lower lip, Ann took Michelle's hand and walked them back inside the room. "It's probably my fault. Remember when Dani and I went to the grocery store the day before your birthday?" Her partner nodded her head. "I asked Dani if she would want to have a little sister or little brother. Though I told her I don't have the baby in my tummy yet 'cause I still need to ask you, she must have forgotten about it and told you we're expecting."

Michelle giggled at how silly her daughter was. "What did she say she would want to have?"

A smile creeped slowly onto Anntonia's face, "a baby sister. Because she wants to share her girl things with her."

"I knew it! If it's a boy, she's only going to boss him around, baby. But I know either girl or boy, Dani is still going to love them."

"I know it's kinda sad, baby. Because it should have been the best gift we could give her, but there's no mini you inside my tummy yet. And how did they even believe her? My OB-GYN and our eggs are in New York."

Michelle pulls her closer, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, and kisses her temple and her jaw.

"That's why I was laughing, because they fell on a five-year-old's gossip. And you know, as long as that plan is still going to happen, then it's all good, they'll understand. And if it would only be Dani, I would still feel content just by having her and you. Wish I could make you pregnant," she smirked, and Anntonia raised an eyebrow.

"Because you just made my birthday extra special today. You did these things for me this morning until now, so thank you. I'm having a blast, also hearing Dani's wrong intel. That was hilarious."

"And Balesin is a beautiful place, it's so surreal. Look at our view. I'd like to live in a place like this," she added, breathing Ann's perfume in.

After having a perfect idea in mind, taking notes in her head so she could remember it when she travels to New York next week, Ann tilted her head to meet Michelle's mouth. A languid kiss that took her lover's breath away.