EXACERBATE

exacerbate, n. 

I believe your exact words were: "You're getting too emotional."

There is a bounce at the heel of her feet as she follows her family outside on their way to the room. She couldn't erase the grin etched on her face as she listens to the two of them sing while they walk. This is one of the best birthdays she ever had and she wouldn't have it the other way. She's loved her birthday since her girlfriend and Dani had made her breakfast in bed this morning.

Michelle couldn't wait to tell Ann about what she just found out earlier, though. But she couldn't stop the happiness overflowing her entire being. They have been talking about it and maybe they could try for another baby sooner than she thinks. Maybe when they go back to New York. But she won't pressure Ann about it.

"Did you have fun with granny, ducky?" She hears Anntonia ask as she settles Dani on top of their bed.

Michelle scans their villa and the view outside. Ann has rented the one where they can perfectly see the beach in their bedroom. How great would it be to live in this place and enjoy being near the beach? She for sure would like to retire in a place like this with the woman she loves while their children would be busy enjoying life.

"Uh-huh.. We ate my cookies, mummy." Their daughter pouts, watching her mother on her knees taking the child's shoe off.

"It's okay, hun. We're going to bake more when we get back, hm?" Ann kisses Dani's forehead, "wanna see mama and mum's room? We have a pool inside and a jacuzzi just like we have at home and then you can see the beach."

Dani's eyes grow animatedly wide listening to her mother, she excitedly nods her head before she hops off the bed and follows her mum to check out their room. Michelle lay down on the white-sheet-covered bed, suddenly feeling exhausted from the office and the flight on their way here. Her mind was running, thinking about extending their family soon, and she couldn't wait for it to happen.

"Mum, I sleep in your bed? In the middle?"

The couple's brown orbs meet at the question, Anntonia raises an eyebrow at Michelle as if asking her what would she answer their daughter. The young CEO knows her partner will cave in and will let Dani sleep with them. Not that she didn't want Dani with them, it's just, she remembers her girlfriend promising her that the day's not over for the two of them yet and she wants to have her way with her this time on the bed.

Ann can almost see the cogwheels working on her lover's brain and she shakes her head when Michelle huffs.

Alright.. Alright...

"Tomorrow, baby, you sleep here with mama and I. Because granny is going to sleep in her room alone and she's going to be sad on the beach. See, grandma and grandpa will share a room, auntie Max is with her husband and auntie Riri and then granny will be alone in her room." Ann bites her lower lip, not comfortable about lying to Dani, and it feels like she's sending their daughter away.