RESERVATION

reservation, n.

There are times when I worry that I've already lost myself. That is, that my self is so inseparable from being with you that if we were to separate, I would no longer be. I save this thought for when I feel the darkest discontent. I never meant to depend so much on someone else.

 I never meant to depend so much on someone else

Dani woke up way too early. Probably something about the time difference from Paris to the Philippines, which messes up with someone's body clock. The child lays in the bed just looking at every corner of the room.

The child could feel her mummy on her left side, but her mama was not on her right side anymore and she's pretty sure she felt her mama sleeping on her other side when they lay down with her last night. She sat up to scan the room and there she saw her mama was in the bed too, but now on her mum's side.

They're doing huggies, her mummy's head is resting on her mama's chest while they hug each other. She smiled, because they do that to her too, whether she's at her mum's or with her mama each week.

"I share the mum's huggies wif mama." She shrugged adorably while nodding to herself, and then she yawned. Tiny hand, covering her mouth, doing what granny has taught her whenever she needed to cough or yawn at school.

Dani raked the stray hair to her side, but it kept on falling back on her cheeks. The child sighed like an adult, scanning the room once more. She spotted her iPad near her tiny mickey mouse headband with little ears that her grandma got for her.

At four years old, her mama gave her the rule that she could only use her iPad when she really needed it since she can already watch on the T.V. She's thinking if she should get her iPad and play. Dani looked over at her sleeping parents, then she grinned.

She carefully went down on the bed without making a noise on the carpeted floor since she's wearing a pair of socks. Looking one more time over to check if one of them was awake, like a sneaky ninja, she took her iPad and put it on top of the bed, then she climbed up back to the space that her mama used to occupy.

The little girl accidentally tapped the camera application open, she's no good at taking pictures yet, always so random and just the pictures of her toys. Then she felt her mama stirred from her deep slumber. Her parents were facing each other more closely than they were just a while ago.

Ann unconsciously pulled Michelle in closer and tighter to her and their daughter couldn't help but smile at her mummy's action.

"Grandma said that's wuv." She mumbled quietly. Remembering what her grandma had told her when she was in her house while her mummy was finishing a painting in the shed of their house and grandma was watching a boy and girl sleeping on the bed doing some huggies.

She lifted the tablet a little closer to her face and then she took several pictures of her sleeping parents. Most of them are blurry because she doesn't know how to focus the camera yet. The sound of the camera shutter wakes her mummy up.