BREATHTAKING

breathtaking, adj.

Those mornings when we kiss and surrender for an hour before we say a single word.

Everything is perfect.

Over the last couple of years, Michelle has remembered staying in bed with lots of things to think about whenever she would wake up in the morning. It's like she's merely existing; she remembers how she refused to wake up and get up to start the day, feeling so hopeless as pain crashed on her while her life continued to crumble, crash, and burn—it was when Anntonia had left and they had to raise their daughter as co-parents.

Those days when everything hurt and she was feeling the pain of losing a son and a wife, Michelle remembered a certain pull tugging her awake to get up from bed—a precious little girl who needed her.

Their daughter needed her to wake up, to put on a cheerful facade, because she couldn't afford to be sad when she's the only person Dani had, especially when Ann had to travel to different countries for her exhibits.

She remembered those moments of just wanting to give up, just letting it all go to get everything done and over with, once and for all, but then she would see Dani, and she would see her. And even if it hurt so much, she would still carry on because her little girl, who has her eyes and her nose, who has her smile and Ann's heart, needed her.

For quite some time, she had long accepted the impossibility of herself being happy and complete. She had accepted the impossibility of waking up and felt like everything in her world was perfect. Not when the other half of her was gone, not when Anntonia left and moved on with her life.

But she must have done something good in her life, because she had been waking up in the arms of her lover every morning for the last few months since Ann came back to her, waking up to long, passionate, and slow kisses, always leaving her breathless and wanting more. Kisses that would progress to more than a continuation of their activities the night before, since Dani began sleeping on her 'big girl' bed, as she would call it.

Michelle had been waking up to a pair of bright, brown eyes—the pair of brown irises that would stare at her with love and adoration every morning, eyes that would bore into her with lust and desire each time she would entice Ann to make love to her.

She had been living her life, waking up feeling safe and complete. Like nothing else mattered, especially when they would both get to wake their daughter up and they would start the day having breakfast as a family.

Oh, how she couldn't wait to get back home in New York within the confines of their actual home. Theirs, and theirs alone.

Michelle kissed her softly and slowly, humming against her mouth, as her entire body shivered at the feel of Michelle's fingertips, tracing her skin and drawing up and down her bare back ever so lightly.