DUMBFOUNDED

dumbfounded, adj.

And still, for all the jealousy, all the doubt, sometimes I will be struck with a kind of awe that we're together.
That someone like me could find someone like you--it renders me wordless.
Because surely words would conspire against such luck, would protest the unlikelihood of such a turn of events.
I didn't tell any of my friends about our first date. I waited until after the second, because I wanted to make sure it was real.
I wouldn't believe it had happened until it had happened again. Then, later on, I would be overwhelmed
by the evidence, by all the lines connecting you to me, and us to love.

"Oops

"Oops.. uh-oh.." Dani said quietly, covering her mouth. She was running around inside her mummy's room, playing with her mama, and ripped on stockpiles of clothes folded neatly on top of the bed.

Her mama gasped, already knowing that they're both gonna be in trouble. They're supposed to be helping Ann pack her things so she could move in with them. The family has been back in Makati for a week now, at Dani's birthday party, the couple had announced that they are trying to fix their family back together.

Everyone invited was ecstatic with the news. Seeing how happy their daughter was that her parents were with her. It's Saturday, and they're helping Anntonia to fold some of her clothes in the closet. Michelle grimaced as the clothes fell onto the carpeted floor of the room.

"Oh, no." Fuck. "Mummy's going to get mad at us, peanut. Why did you run over there? Mummy said it's off limits."

"What's off limits, mama?" The curious child asks while she tries to fold her mum's shirt messily.

"Remember the jar of cookies at home? I said you could only get one after lunch?"

Dani stared at her mother with a serious look on her face, remembering about the cookie rule her mama had set for her. "Uh-huh."

"It means you can only eat it at lunchtime or during snackies but it's off limits during night night, and mummy said you can't go on that part of the room but you ran there, anyway."

She stopped folding the clothes that were now lying haphazardly and scattered all over the floor and on top of the sheets. "Oh. What to do, mama?"

Michelle couldn't help but to giggle at her daughter's seriousness about getting away from the scene of the crime she's committed. Ann went downstairs to prepare them lunch, leaving the two of them upstairs. She's in charge of her girlfriend's dresses, putting most of her expensive designer dresses inside the garment bags.

"Maybe you can hide, baby?" She whispered, pretending to be serious about their situation.

They both can hear the clacking of Ann's flat mules as she's nearing where the two girls are. Dani ran towards her mother to hide. She can see that her daughter was scared and nervous. The child jumped into an empty suitcase and lay down, Michelle helped to close the suitcase, making sure that she could still breathe inside.