YESTERDAY

yesterday, n.

You called to ask me when I was coming home, and when I reminded you that I wasn't coming home, you sounded so disappointed that I decided to come home.

FLASHBACK

As Anntonia's pregnancy blissfully progressed, she wore stylish maternity clothes, and though her baby bump wasn't prominent, the people she knew from work, her friends, and her family noticed the changes in her body, and it was obvious who was responsible for them.

After 18 weeks of being pregnant and with a quadruple marker screening test and amniocentesis ensuring the healthy development of the baby, it was a blessing that Anntonia slept on her side because it was recommended for better comfort and with a body pillow complete with Michelle's warmth.

"What's wrong, baby?"

Ann stilled all movements in the middle of their morning cuddles, a sleepy smile painted on her lips. "I can feel it, baby."

Her wife paused and gazed over at Anntonia. "I can feel our baby move."

"Really? Where?" Michelle sat up excitedly, her warm hand hiking up Ann's sleep shirt. She smiled when she saw the tiny bump on her wife's belly. Then she put them over her bare skin, looking for proof.

The artist grinned widely and guided Michelle's hand right where she felt the slight fluttering.

"You can't feel it yet, baby. But he or she is moving right over here."

Light brown eyes regarding her wife's astonished expression as Michelle leaned over to Anntonia's baby bump, peppering it with featherlight kisses. The young CEO had been working hard, taking care of her pregnant wife, and handling her father's business in New York.

So in return, Anntonia planned a one-week getaway, organising and arranging both their schedules with the help of Cassie. With the approval and recommendation of her OB-GYN, Anntonia brought her wife to a place she would love.

A safe and short flight later, they arrived at a secluded villa, which Ann took as a piece of heaven in front of the ocean, with an infinite pool of crystal-clear water overflowing on its edges. And Michelle couldn't be more excited about their quick getaway, as she always loved going to the beach.

Michelle generously thanked the staff. She then thanked her wife most especially, showing how grateful she was when it was just the two of them inside the confines of their villa by making love to her and taking her time to appreciate her. Fully sated, the two have gone out for a quiet dinner with a quick walk by the shore and watched the sunset hand in hand, then back to their villa. They couldn't sleep any better.

"Thank you for bringing me here, baby. Although you and Cassie were being so sneaky about arranging my schedule, still, I wouldn't have it any other way."