ᴘᴀʀᴛ→10

Hie Barbies
I hope y'all are doing well
________________________________________

Weeks later-

The sun had set, casting a warm glow on the orphanage as Kook returned from another exhausting day at college. He trudged through the familiar halls, his mind heavy with the weight of assignments and deadlines. As he pushed open the door to the shared room of their old sleeping area to which he and Tae called home, he was met with the comforting sight of his best friend, Tae, sprawled on the bed...

Tae looked up with a bright smile, the mere sight of Kook instantly lifting his spirits. He threw himself into Kook's arms, a routine they had perfected over the years. Normally, Kook would catch him with a laugh, maybe even throw in a playful tickle. But today was different..

Kook's usual infectious laughter was absent, replaced by a frown that wrinkled his usually carefree expression. Tae felt the shift but brushed it off, attempting to break the silence with a light-hearted comment.

"Rough day, huh?"...tae asked making circles on his back making other male to sigh deeply

Kook didn't respond, tae holding onto kook even tighter. As Kook tried to gently disentangle himself, from Tae's tight grip, causing causing to stumble backward. Suddenly a sharp pain shot through Tae's back, but he bit his lip to stifle any expression of discomfort...

"koo, what's going on? Why are you acting so different today?"...Concern etched on his face, tae asked making other to frown....

"You've been distant lately. It's like you're here, but you're not really here, you know?"...Tae's pout deepened...

"What are you talking about? I've been busy with college, that's all''....kook frowned, taken aback by the accusations...

''Busy? That's all you have to say? You barely talk to me anymore, and when you do, it's like you're just going through the motions. Am I not important to you?"...Tae's frustration bubbled to the surface.

"Tae, it's not like that. College is just demanding, and I've been stressed. It doesn't mean I don't care about you''....Kook sighed, the weight of Tae's words sinking in..

"Actions speak louder than words, Kook. Today, you didn't even notice that I was hurting and I felt it. Do you even see me anymore now?"...tae's eyes narrowed, hurt evident in his gaze and voice..

The room fell silent, tension hanging in the air. Kook's heart sank as he realized the unintended consequences of his actions. He reached out to Tae, attempting to bridge the emotional gap that had formed between them...

"I didn't mean to do that to you, Tae. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. Let's talk this out and find a way to make things better''...said kook softly carraseing his cheeks with hand...

Tae hesitated for a moment, then nodded. The unspoken tensions lingered, but both friends knew that addressing them was the first step toward healing...

.......

Under the soft glow of the moon, Kook quietly entered the room, a basket of strawberries in hand. He hoped the sweet gesture would help bridge the gap that had formed between him and Tae during their earlier conversation.

"What's this, Kookie?"...Tae, lying on the bed, looked up at Kook's entrance. The weariness in his eyes softened as he noticed the strawberries.

"Just thought these might brighten your night''...Kook replied, offering the basket with a tentative smile....

"You remembered how much I love strawberries''...tae's face lit up

''how can I forget anything, about my taetae!''...kook gasped dramatically making the environment light by the echoes of their giggling

As Tae savored the sweet berries, a comfortable silence settled between them. Kook observed, hopeful that the familiar taste could rekindle the warmth of their friendship. Eventually, Tae broke the silence...

"Thanks koo''...tae smiled stuffing one strawberry in kook's mouth...

"Tae, about earlier... I'm sorry for being distant. I care about yuh, and I don't want yuh to think that way''... kook said taking the seat beside the tae

"It just feels like you're slipping away, and I don't know how to reach you''...tae looked down, a hint of sadness in his eyes again took place, he is being insecure a lot the reason behind his insecureness is that kook is barely give him time and secondly he just feels so lonely causing him to think in every possible way...

"I don't want that either, Tae. Let's find a way to balance things. I'll try to be more present, and we can communicate better''... taking a deep breath, kook acknowledged...

"Do you really mean that, Koo?"....tae's eyes brightens slightly...

"Absolutely, baby''...Kook reassured him while a pink hue took place on tae's cheeks..

As their conversation continued, Kook's attention shifted to the bed. He noticed a stain on the sheets, and concern crept into his voice...

"Tae, what's on your bed? Is that blood?"...he asked frowning touching the stained part to which tae slapped his hand away...

"Oh, it's nothing''....tae panicked a little he doesn't wanted kook to find out

''tae, baby are yuh having your periods?''...he asked softness lingered in his voice, tae nodded making other to sigh who got why he was feeling that lonely and clingy...

''tae, if yuh weren't feeling well, yuh could have told me, i am here for yuh right?''...kook said

"I didn't want to bother you with it. It's just that time of the month, i'll manage, yuh were also busy with your stuff''...tae hesitated, then sighed

"Tae, you're not a bother, if yuh were uncomfortable or in pain, yuh could have told me, share it with me, don't hold back''...kook assured him while tae's eyes formed tears but kook never let those tears fall he wiped them off

''when it started?''...kook asked pulling him towards himself and making him sit beside him holding his hand who looked at him and tae mumbled '3 days ago'

''is it being painful?''...asked kook again while tae nodded as he was having pain in his back, he again answered him looking down..

''did yuh told any of the caretakers here?''...he asked just to earn a nod of denial he sighed rubbing his forehead...

''what about the sanitary napkins?''...he asked again

''They are expensive and i don't have it from before, so i used cotton and changing undies again and again''...tae looked at him with sparkled eyes due to tears...

''no worries, i will buy them for yuh, just wait'' ...kook said standing up and patted his head who looked at him with unsure expressions

''but koo we don't have money, how would yuh buy it then?''...he asked

''i will ask Ms. Lina to give me, don't worry tae, do rest, i will come in no time''...kook said and went out of the big room...

After an hour kook came up with pads and painkillers he gave it to tae, who thanked him and felt little guilty for making him work like that even after he was so stressed due to his college...

''take care tae, and don't hold yourself from telling me, i would do anything I can to provide yuh, your necessities or anything''...kook said while tae nodded and hugged him thanking him repeatedly...

And that's how their previous years also went by, they have financial problems with a lot more tension, currently in the orphanage they only have a shelter on their heads and a food to eat, they liveliness, the playful environment, the homely feeling, they love of the caretakers and owner is now nowhere to be found, they call it home for a just name now, it changed as time passed...

________________________________________

Thanks for reading ✨

Will meet yuh tomorrow

Do vote and comment

I love yuh all<3