Chapter 4

They checked out their cabin in a matter of minutes. It was nice and cozy. A bedroom and bathroom upstairs and a kitchen-diner and living room downstairs. Everything was neutral colours and very pleasant looking.

Castiel especially liked the amount of flowers that were around. A hanging basket outside with a long pit on the porch; a vase with daisys in on the kitchen table; a pot with an assortment of small flowers on the coffee table in the living room and some poppies in the bedroom on the dresser. He'd have to remeber to water them. When he mentioned this to Dean he got a short, sarcastic "awesome."

They had sat at the kitchen table for 3 minutes when Castiel broke the silence with a question he had been thinking about.

"Dean, I have noticed that many couples do not stick to the personal space rule that we have. What do we do in this circumstance?" He cocked his head as he finished. Dean thought this over before replying "We can bend the rules for this job. Still certain things that are a no, for example no popping up behind me out of no where. When we are alone or just with Sam, things go back to normal, okay?" Cas nodded.

Dean checked the clock before standing up and saying "We've got a counselling session now. Remember you're not an angel and I'm not a hunter? Got it?" not waiting for a reply he stood up, "Let's go."

They started out the awkward walk in silence, neither knowing how long it would take to get there. "You nervous?" "Not at all Dean." "No me neither." As they reached the block they heard a cheery voice from behind them.

"Hi guys! I'm Garth, I'll be your counselor today. I always do the first sessions to see who you'll be best for. I think this should be fun, you two look like cool fellas. You're Dean and Castiel right? Dean, not gonna lie, I imagined you to be taller. Shall we go inside so we can start? Come-on you guys smile a little"

They both turned to see a.scrawny looking man, just shorter than Castiel. He had a few days old beard and his clothes looked a little too baggy on him, however his face was friendly and his eyes sparkled in a kind way.

"After you buddy" Dean politely said. Garth led them into a small room, numbered 7. There was 3 chairs inside: one sat facing the other two. Garth sat in the one on it's own and Castiel say on the left, leaving the right for Dean.

"So why don't you two crazy guys tell me why you're here?" Garth started. Both of the other men sat in silence, neither wanting to talk first. "come on you two, or do I have to get out Mr. Fizzles?" "What is a Mr.fuzzl-" Cas starts but Dean interrupts with "I don't even want to know what that is."

Garth then begins to write notes and no matter how Dean turns his head he can't read them.

Dean coughs before starting. "We are here because we are having slight issues in our relationship. We are constantly arguing and bickering over everything. It's like we worked well together for a long time, damn we made it through the apocalypse side by side but, things have changed and we can't live in a constant state of anger at each other, that's why we both decided this was right for us and from here will be able to think about our future."

Garth nods in understanding. He looks up from his writing and says, "Thanks for sharing Deano, Caso you have anything to add?"

Cas shifts uncomfortablely before opening his mouth, "My name is Castiel or Cas. I am not comfortable with Caso. What does it even mean, where does the extra 'o' come from?" He takes a deep breath before continuing. "I would like to agree with Dean on the status of our relationship, it is not a good thing like it used to be. However, Dean did not want to come. I was the one that signed us up-" "Cas you don't know that, don't accuse me of not want to sort this out!" Dean angrily butts in for the second time.

Looking him directly in the eye Cas turns to Dean and says, with a sort of sadness "I heard you. You said that these next two weeks would be long ones. Dean we used to be so close and now you're dreading spending 2 weeks with me. At least I have walked into this with an open mind you couldn't even give me the same respect."

Dean looks down at his feet. "Dean is this true?" Garth asks quietly. "It's not that I didn't want to sort this, is out. I do. It's that I don't do touchy-feely yoga crap. It's not me and it never will be. I don't want to spend two weeks constantly in touch with my emotions. I live by a no chick flick moments rule" "One that you won't even break for me?" There is so much sadness in Castiel's voice that Dean has a hard time hearing it, having a hard time remembering it's an act.

"You know that this place isn't all emotions and yoga right buddy?" "See Dean, I know you. I wouldn't ever take you to somewhere where I knew you would be completely uncomfortable. All I'm asking is that you talk to me. Please."

Dean looks up and onto Castiel's eyes. "I'm sorry." Is all he says.

Garth breaks the silence that they had fallen into by saying "Well done guys, you broke the ice! That's an awesome start. You two will get through this, I can see it. Now you will be assigned 2 councillors so if one is busy the other is probably available. You've got Jo and Bobby. Both are awesome. Jo is around your age and is incredible at getting people to talk. Bobby is like the dad of this place, keeps everything going smoothly and will tell you straight what he thinks. Neither will take any crap. Now don't worry you will still see me around so come say hi and maybe even come read marmaduke with me sometime, he's crazy." Garth finishes with a chuckle.

"Now if you boys are hungry Ellen will just be serving up in the cafeteria and man is she a good cook. She's the mama of the retreat and also Jo's mum. If you go there now say hi from me." And with that Garth was gone.

The boys set quietly for a moment taking in all that had been said by the whirlwind of a man that Garth is.

Cas is the first to stand, quickly followed by Dean. As he opens the door he says just so Dean can here, "You're right, it will be a long two weeks." Completely taking Dean by surprise, even if he doesn't show it for more than a fraction of a second.