Chapter 9

Despite Castiel's constant reminders of what time they had to be at their session, they were late.

Dean had decided to check out the games room and had gotten into a very heated game of pool with a woman called Meg who was incredibly competitive. Cas hadn't minded watching the game but after an hour he had gotten bored and began nagging Dean, which only annoyed the hunter and made him determined to stay.

When Dean was finally able to drag himself away from the table and Meg they were 5 minutes late and Cas was in a grumpy mood because "I told you Dean!" "Yeah well good for you." Was all the communication they had before entering the room to find a pissed off looking Jo.

"Why are you late?" Cas could really see the resemblance between Jo and Ellen. Instead of answering her with words castiel looked at Dean, back then at Jo and rolled his eyes.

"I saw that." "What Dean?" "That eye roll-" "STOP! Will you stop arguing before we've even started. My god." The boys looked to the floor realising they'd been rude. "Sorry" mumbled Cas.

Suddenly Jo's demeanor changed as she became less annoyed Jo and more counsellor Jo. "Right okay so before we start there's a few things I need to go over, just so I know you're aware of everything. You will have to come to a meeting every 2 to 3 days, they will either be with me or my dad, Bobby. He's one of the best counsellors you could ever meet, possibly because he's so honest." She smiled, pride showing on her face.

"I'm gonna be asking you things that may not make any sense to you but they are important to this process. I'll be writing down what you said, not grading you on your answers. If we reach a territory that either of you are not comfortable with, speak up and we'll leave it for another time. You have to talk and open up for me otherwise this is pointless okay?"

Without waiting for a reply she carried on "If you're not comfortable with your counsellors go to the main office and we'll sort something out. We won't take offence as we just want to make sure that you're happy."

She took a breath before continuing. "Whatever you say in here will not go out there, okay? Our policy as counsellors is that basically we won't kiss and tell. If you choose to tell someone outside something that is up to you but do not demand information off others. At some point I will give you questions to ask each other and we do recommend you got to one of the group meeting at least weekly. Okay, I think that's everything. Any questions?"

Dean and Cas looked at each other and shook their heads as they turned back. "Okay good. So were gonna start with you Cas and were going wayyy back to before you met Dean: your childhood. What was it like? Your family life, your friends, school life. Where ever you want to start."

"I, urm, I- why is this relevant to Dean and I?" Cas cocked his head in confusion. "We want to see what influenced you growing up and how that compares to Dean's childhood and what impact that has on your relationship now." "Ooh, okay." Castiel's cleared his thought.

"Well, my childhood feels like many millions of years ago. We were very family orientated and there was a lot of us. It was me, my siblings and our father, but-but he was a very busy man and was rarely with us. Looking after the younger siblings fell to my four older brothers, but they were bad at it." Cas sighed a little.

"Two were overly boss and self important, they constantly argued between themselves, one wasn't interested at all and the other was kind but more like a kid than an adult."

Only a flicker of emotion crossed Castiel's face, however Dean spotted each one before he hid them away. "It was a difficult start to life I suppose, we all had our roles to play, our lines in the script and we worked hard to do it right. One of our older brothers did not care for what we were doing and was told to leave."