Chapter 34

It's fair to say the pie didn't last long. It's also fair to say that Castiel only got a small slice. But he didn't mind. He got to steal looks at Dean's smile and that was good enough for him.

"Is this that domestic bliss stuff people go on about" Dean thought to himself. Because if it is, it's not half bad. Pie and Castiel. What more could he need.

A loud knock at the door quickly dragged him out of his thoughts. It was Sam.

"I don't know what to do I can't avoid him and I can't see him and Bobby won't let me go on the hunt because I'm trying to avoid Gabe and he doesn't want to be involved and I'm annoyed because I don't even like hunting so why am I trying to go and you're my big brother tell me what to do"

Cas looked at Dean, "I'll get the coffee started" Cas said as Dean sniffled a laugh.

"You know it's okay to fancy this guy Sam?" To which Sam glared, "he's an archangel dickwad that kind of makes it a bit awkward."

At the madness of the situation the two brothers laughed. What had they gotten themselves in to. "you know this is your fault Sammy..." "How?!" "You promised us a case,this wouldn't have happened otherwise!"

Dean was right. Trying to sort out those two had been Sam's main focus. If he hadn't faked a case he wouldn't now have to be hiding.

"Wait, Sam did you say there's a case?" Without waiting for a respinse Dean was out of the door. As much as he enjoyed the domestic life he was itching to get back out there.

"You maybe shouldn't have mentioned that case Sam," Sam laughed, maybe Cas would be more help, I mean this was sort of angel business.

Dean was all but running. The hunter was eager to get back at what he was good at and was already formulating arguments as to why he should go. He's good. He needs it. It'll clear his head. Cas might miss him and admit he likes him if he's gone for a few days.

He barged in to Bobby's office and demanded to go and started to reel off about his expert knowledge and skills and abilities. He was 60 seconds in to his speech when he realised Bobby had already said yes. " No need for the rant boy, Winchester's are good hunters you'd be a good asset on this hunt." Dean grinned. "But why not Sammy?" "Because your brother is too distracted by a certain archangel. Romance stays inside the camp, and if I'm honest I need a break from Gabriel drama."

Bobby, Meg and Dean sat for hours going over the plan, they would head out in a day or so. It wasn't until Cas came to drag Dean away at 2am that the three finally decided to call it a day.

Dean chatted excitedly to Cas about the hunt and where and what and why. As much as Castiel always worried, it was nice to seen Dean excited. It was also good to have a few days away from Dean to help him plan how to tell him about his feelings. This hunt would be good for all of them. It might also mean that Sam might stop hiding out in their cabin and finally face Gabe.

Gabriel had heard Dean was going on the hunt. "perfect" he thought, "one less person to distract Sam." The hunt gave him the perfect opportunity to up the hunt he was on. He was determined to get Sammy back in his apartment and he'd be damned if he let anything stop him.